5 - I promise

"You're telling me Silas found her body in the woods?" I asked Alex as I paced around my bedroom

"I'm not saying that but if he asked to meet, then it's likely." He sat on the end of my bed, his face in his hands.

"What did it say?" I asked as I stopped in front of the balcony door.

"Dear Liam Martinelli, I would be grateful if we could arrange a meeting as quick as tomorrow. I'm currently staying in New York and as far as I know, you're here too. I have a few important matters to discuss which require immediate attention. Reply as soon as you can and don't try to refuse with a blunt reason. Signed, Silas Adalwen." Alex read the email to me. "Just from that, I'm guessing he might know." I chuckled.

"Might? That isn't going to work," I answered before I slid my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants.

"You can figure this out. Hell, we can figure this out. It's not like you did it for your pleasure, she wanted to steal from you and then let her father end you." I shook my head, almost bursting out laughing from the absurdity of my attraction toward Sophie. Those damn feelings made me like her and actually think that a girl could genuinely like me for me. Without seeing my background or my wealth. It was all a mission for her. Since then I thought I was doomed on therms of finding someone that loved me for me.

Until I found my equal.

My other half.

And even she was taken away from me.

"This whole situation is shit and I get it, Liam. But it gave us two years. Now we just have to come clean to them."

"Do you actually think that Silas won't think I'm stupid?" I looked at him. "Do you think he'll believe me? Believing me means admitting he sent her, giving me the perfect excuse to kill him." Alex looked up at me from his lap.

"Isn't that what you're aiming for?" I chuckled before turning my head back towards the doors.

"I don't need to add another enemy to the list of many. Even if he's there, I don't think it's wise to kill him." Alex sighed and stood up from the bed before I turned in his direction. "Tomorrow. Set the meeting at our tech building. And order a few dozen of guards around the building. I don't want to base our lives on luck." He nodded before a smile touched his lips. "What?"

"Welcome back, boss." I smiled before a gave him a nod and turned around towards the balcony.

When I heard the door shut, I took a deep breath and thought I'd have a chance to think of what I could do in tomorrow's meeting but the door flew open before Alex walked back in with Audrey close behind him. I frowned as I waited for any explanation.

"Vlad's dead," Audrey said as she went around Alex and plopped herself on my bed. My bed was comfortable but I didn't realise it was that popular amongst my family.