43 - Betrayal

"How long do you think he'll stay there?" Margo asked me as I put my black duffel bag in the trunk of the car

"I hope for at least today and tomorrow." She smiled wickedly as I closed the trunk. Once I turned to look at her, her hands grabbed my shoulders.

"Liam's going to murder you," I smiled.

"I'll be fine. Besides, I want to selfishly take the win," she pulled me into a tight hug before looking at the stairs where Lorenzo stood. He slid the black aviator sunglasses from the crown of his head to his eyes. He smiled once he spotted us.

"Ladies," I smiled at him before walking around Margo.

"All set?" He nodded before getting down the final few stairs.

"Any news from across the ocean?" Margo asked us as I opened the back door of the car. I stilled before turning to my cousin. He sighed before walking to the other side of the car.

"As if now, nothing," he admitted, making my heart sting.

It's been three days since he left and so far, no message from him has reached me. Alex hasn't contacted Margo and Audrey apparently had left her phone here.

It made me wonder if everything was alright. Maybe he needed help because I knew just how dangerous his father might be. But I had hope. I had hope that my Liam was stronger.

"I've told you that I'll inform you if I get any new information. So far, nothing," I nodded before glancing at my best friend. She had her hair up in a messy bun and wore a black robe with black slippers. After all, it was literally six in the butt crack of dawn.

"I swear, one hair out of place, and you won't need Liam to murder you. I'll do it myself." I smiled at her as she looked at Lorenzo. "You too. Because I can't go through more funerals."

"And keep quiet in front of Dante. I don't want him to worry yet," she frowned, making Lorenzo chuckle.

"Yet? Darling, you're about to go to Sicily, for fuck sake. Everyone's allowed to be nervous. But I promise I'll shut my lips," I smiled before nodding.

"Grazie," I sat inside and before I closed the door, Lorenzo gave permission for the driver to go. Once I buckled up, I released a sigh of relief.

"Overwhelmed?" I nodded.

"This house was cramping me," he smiled as he sent a text to who I assumed was Marco. They never kept anything from one another.

"Are you sure you won't miss killing after he's dead," I smiled at the thought. Killing bad guys wasn't a bad idea. But if I continued, I knew I wouldn't stop.

"I think I might keep the killing for more important matters than just for pleasure," he looked at me smiling.

"Good thought."

"You seem quite positive about this entire thing," he nodded, not hesitating even in the slightest. I frowned, making him shrug.

"I'm just trying to get on the right mindset. Once we're there, then I'll be easier to get down to business," I smiled, turning my head to my window.