13 - Truth

I don't even remember the last time I threw up from reading something

I don't even remember the last time I threw up from reading something. I didn't even find it gross when I saw the unfiltered photos of Elijah's dead body. But this? This was beyond me.

The man that I looked up to. The man that I actually saw as a father figure.

He was the man that killed his sister and raped a girl with Vincenzo.

I sat right by the toilet, my knees close to my chest as I stared at the black tile wall in front of me. One of my hands was in my hair while the other was plastered on the floor.

I don't even think I ever want to see the video Mariana left behind but at the same time, it wasn't with me. Celeste told me about a videotape that Luciana had found back in Los Angeles but I thought it'd be something about explaining the alliance or maybe a recording of their conversations.

Not a damn recording of my grandfather and Vincenzo raping Mariana.

I left the book in my closet before I rushed here with acid coming up my throat. It's been a few hours since I stepped into the room but deep down inside, it felt as if years have passed.

As much as the shock of what had actually happened in the past haunted me, I couldn't think through the answer to how the book got here. Surely it wasn't brought here by me or Alex. But at the same time, none of our family members could've ever known much about it.

I thought that maybe Francesco had it and after the blow-up downstairs, he'd manded up and gave back what he'd taken. But on the other hand, he would never give up, no matter how fucked up his plans were, he believed in himself. Which ultimately was enough for him to keep going.

I tugged my hair slightly, letting the chaos in my life take over my body. It was as if I lost all senses and gave into my mind. Like I no longer existed and only lived in thoughts. It was weird but when so much gets thrown at you, it's expected.

My phone started ringing in the closet and as much as I wanted to know who it was, I couldn't get myself to move.

Once it stopped ringing, I took a deep breath in and let the silence indulge me.

Time around me stopped as my thoughts travelled from one end of my brain to the other.

This was the reason for the Rossi-Martinelli feud. It was the sole purpose for why the families even began to work together in the first place. But then, they fell apart. Probably trying to forget the sins they had committed. The pounding on the door brought me back to the present.

"Liam!" I heard Alex. "What's wrong with you?" He wasn't there to witness the showdown between Francesco and me. Thank fuck, because I swear it would've gone even worse. Maybe he would take the time now and talk some sense into me when in reality, I had all the sense it was just the pure rage that took over me. Something I have a hard time controlling.

"In here!" I shouted back, knowing that if I didn't, he'd break open the damn door. The said door opened and shut after he entered the room and soon after my bathroom door opened, revealing my best mate.