Epilogue

Three years later

Three years later

I never saw myself getting married at the age of twenty-four.

But here I was. Standing at the very end of the aisle in the museum of Louvre.

Celeste was the one to suggest the venue and I complied with anything because I would've married her next to a fucking trash can. I was that desperate to have her.

I proposed to her almost a year ago when we were on our yearly vacation. We made a deal that we'd go on a vacation for at least a week every few months to get away from the estate and the families.

We were visiting Norway and one night while we were out on a northern lights sightseeing. I waited for the moment she was too mesmerised by the view in the sky to care about me and got down on one knee.

The last time I saw a smile that big was when I asked her to be my girlfriend.

As much as I wanted to marry her right then and there, we got to enjoy the fancy titles for a year until today. And she got to wear a beautiful diamond ring specifically designed for her.

But the year was busy for us as a family. I took over my father's title, becoming the don of the De Niro famiglia. Alex became my underboss and Audrey was my second in command.

Beatrice was still not finished with school but next year, she said she was prepared to start her training.

Egon was doing more than well managing the Martinelli businesses. I looked after him for the first few years but he's gotten the hang of it. And besides, he's a father now. Laura gave birth to a baby girl that she named Luciana, after her late mother. Egon was more than happy to comply. Lu was just one year and safe to say, fatherhood truly suited Egon. After all, he was the stepfather to Laura's two older kids which he adopted shortly after Lu was born. The kids loved him and since they lost their father at a very young age, they were quick to call Egon their dad.

Lorenzo and Marcus would soon become parents since their surrogate was seven months pregnant with a little boy.

Riella finished her law school and now worked at a private firm with ties to the underworld. And she even introduced us to her boyfriend Mathew a few months ago. Is it completely serious? I doubt it. But at least she's happy.

Aldo was now happily dating my sister and even though I approved their relationship, as well as Gabriele did, I kept my eyes out for anything going on.

Giorgio was in an on and off relationship with Margo's sister Margherita while Margo herself was going strong with Alex.

Without a doubt, these past three years since I met my love, were definitely adventurous. But as much as some things hurt, I wouldn't change it for a thing.

Aldo patted my back just as the doors opened and everyone started to stand. The place was nicely decorated with dark roses, gold accents and many lights and candles around the place.