26 - I fucked up

Her bedroom brought me nostalgia

Her bedroom brought me nostalgia. Once I closed the door behind me, I was able to breathe. It felt as if I was back at the place where my heart stayed. Where I was destined to be. And I wondered if I would feel exactly the same if I hadn't known about her actual being.

Of course, I would've probably burst into tears and spent the entire night thinking of her in a way that would make me lose sleep. But I was glad I now knew. I've gone through enough terror as it was.

I stepped forward, eyeing her room. It was spotless. Just the way we left it before we went to the funeral. I knew that some of my stuff had been left here and because I was dragged out of the horror place in the woods, I couldn't get ahold of them.

I was glad she had left a few things at my place so I could have a memory of her with me at all times but since I got back from Italy after the night, I never got the courage to open the drawers.

When I sat down on her bed, I looked toward the giant windows. The view was perfect. No wonder she chose the room to be hers. I stood up and walked over to the balcony doors. Once I opened them, I stepped out and walked over to the black metal railing as I looked out into the far.

Soon, the trees will lose their leaves and get ready for winter. Soon the place will look even more haunted to them than before if she doesn't come out soon enough.

I gripped the railing as I looked down at the pool. I smiled as I remembered her beautiful ass where I was as I looked at her from the pool. And once she got out the door with that damn swimsuit, I was gone. She didn't see it, but it was it for me. I had to take a cold-ass shower to let my dick rest.

When I heard my phone buzz, I looked in its direction. I hesitated, liking the nice warm air, but left the balcony and grabbed my phone from the bed.

My love: Are you back already? I'm close by so I think I could come over.

I smiled as I typed back a quick answer.

Liam: Yes, love. It'd be very nice if you could.

My love: Alright, see you soon then.

I exited the messaging app and stopped once I saw a red dot on the mail app. I pressed the app icon and read the message. It was sent from Alex and it contained the photos of the mysterious woman. I sat down on the bed as I pressed on the first image. It was the very first he'd shown me back in Rome.

I zoomed in on most parts, trying to catch anything that could be useful. Even though the woman's face was covered, I could make out some features. But they didn't tell me anything.

I moved onto her chest and then my fingers stopped moving once I caught something. I frowned as I zoomed in on her ring finger.

My entire body stilled.

I swiped to the other photo to see if it was visibly better. To Alex, it may have seemed a simple ring or maybe he didn't even think it was relevant.

But for me? It just gave it away.