15 - Videotape

I left my bedroom the moment I dressed up and headed towards the kitchen

I left my bedroom the moment I dressed up and headed towards the kitchen. It was a beautiful morning here in Rome, with clouds nowhere to be seen and the sun shining bright as if it was the mids of July.

I was hoping to make my coffee in peace but when I saw a handsome and muscular back, I stopped in my tracks.

"Egon?" He turned around before meeting my eyes and smiling.

"Hey, long time no see," he turned back around to the coffeepot and poured himself a drink as I walked into the kitchen.

"Nice to see you," I said before I opened the cabinet with every kind of coffee under the damn sun. "I knew you were coming here but I didn't know you were actually here," he smiled as he walked over to the bar and sat down with his coffee right in front of him.

"I got here a few days ago but I had some places to be so I wasn't around much," I smiled as I poured the coffee into my mug and then turned around to face him.

"How's Laura?"

"Good. She's doing much better as far as the losses." I nodded. It seemed as if since last week everyone began to slowly move on. And it had to happen. There was life without her and as much as it hurt, we had to learn to get on with our lives. "I was surprised the kids missed me that much," I smiled. "Bianca was ecstatic. The moment she saw me she ran to me despite her mother telling her to be careful," it made me happy to know that Laura and her kids were well taken care of. "Did you get the invitation?" I nodded before I took the first sip of coffee.

"We got it, I think, yesterday," he nodded as he brought the cup to his lips. "Is Liam going?" Egon shrugged.

"I haven't spoken to him in a while but I think he might. After all, since you'll be there, there isn't much that could go wrong."

"I hope so. But it will be the biggest event after the annual mafia ball. And that should tell you that nothing is guaranteed." He gave me a nod before turning his head towards the entry to the kitchen.

"How are you holding up?" He asked, bringing his eyes back onto me.

"I'm okay. Obviously been better but as well as I can be at the moment." He gave me a faint smile before I took a sip of my coffee. "Anything new in New York?"

"As of Alex, I know there's something going on with Francesco and Liam, and there's some diary found. Or wait," his brows pinched together as he thought. "No, it appeared I think," I swear I almost dropped my mug on the damn marble floor.

"D...Diary?" He nodded before taking a sip of his drink. "Diary?" He nodded slowly, confused as to why I was acting this strange.

"Yes, some diary." His eyes widened from realisation. "Wait, is it the one that, what was her name," he thought about it for a second, "Mariana, right?" I nodded. "Oh shit."

"This is actually insane," I drank the rest of my coffee and put it in the dishwasher. I looked back at Egon before Lorenzo appeared in the arc of the entry. I looked over at him, his face pale as if he was going to throw up any moment. I frowned before making my way to him. He leaned against the arc before he threaded his hands in his hair. I touched his shoulder. "What?" He looked at me before he covered his mouth with his hand and shook his head slowly.