16 - Crystal blue

As I looked around my room for my phone charger, someone knocked on my door

As I looked around my room for my phone charger, someone knocked on my door. "Come in," the door didn't move, instead, they knocked again. I let out a frustrated groan before making my way to the door. I opened it and to my surprise, my mother stood right in front of me. She walked right past me and sat down on the edge of my bed. I frowned before closing the door and turning towards her. "Mom?" She picked at her fingernails and kept her hand down, avoiding eye contact with me. "What i-"

"How long have you known?" She asked quietly, making me frown again.

"Known-"

"How long?" She looked up at me. Something in her eyes told me something was off with her. Maybe the bags under her eyes or... I squinted my eyes to get a better look. Those weren't dark circles from fatigue.

"What did he do?" She stood up from the bed and looked anywhere but at me. "Mom?" She stood right in front of the balcony doors and covered her face with her hands. "Mom, what happened?" She sunk to the ground before I could grab her. I hurried to her and got down on the floor beside her before I wrapped my arms around her slim body. She cried right against my chest, sending vibrations through my ribcage. "Mom, please."

"How long have you known, Liam?" She whispered.

"What?"

"About your grandfather?" I rolled my eyes before I started caressing her head. That piece of shit hit her because I found out from someone other than her.

"Almost a week ago. Who did it?" She stayed silent. "Mom, I swear-"

"Your father," I couldn't even believe that man anymore. I pulled away from my mother and before I could stand up, she placed one hand on the side of my face, forcing me to look at her. "Liam, please, don't do it." I looked at her in complete disbelief.

"You realise he won't ever stop, right? He's doing it because he knows he can. You stay quiet, you keep it all to yourself and let him walk all over you," her tears flowed down her cheeks. "He's a sadist, mom. A fucking sadist." She shook her head, making my eyes fill up with water. Seeing my mother in this condition was actually killing me inside. And part of me thought that it was his way of getting to me. "Mom, leave with me. Fuck him and his ideologies. We'll go to Paris and let you breathe at least for short time. After we're back, I'll kill him. For fucking everything."

"Liam, no. You can't... You..." she breathed frantically," You can't do it." She dropped her head down and sobbed. I pulled her to my chest before I let her let it all out.

This was the last straw.

"Follow me," I grabbed her hand and pulled her up with me. She gripped my forearm before I grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door.

"Where are we-"

"Just follow me." I handed the suitcase to one of the guards by the entrance to my wing and walked down the stairs with my mother beside me. Alex stood by the door with Audrey and the moment she saw our mother, she ran up to her before cupping her face.