36 - One month and one week II

Once I got out of the bus near the estate, I walked over to the trees and bushed covering most of the concrete fence around their property

Once I got out of the bus near the estate, I walked over to the trees and bushed covering most of the concrete fence around their property. I had a black scarf around my face, hiding everything below my eyes. I wore only black and hid my hair under a black hoody.

I was scared of this. I didn't know what mishaps might occur, making this entire mission a complete disaster. And most importantly, I had hoped that no one other than the three of them would be there.

But as far as I knew, Luca wasn't in Moscow. Thanks to Valentina's secret sources. Her knowledge of him seemed suspicious but I knew she knew even more about the current being of the rest of the Usoro so I brushed it away by keeping a mental note about it.

I slowly and very carefully climbed over the concrete and once I reached the grass on the other side, I knelt down. I knew that security walked around for check-ups during the day but I wasn't sure when they happened exactly.

I listened carefully for any strange sounds or any indication that someone was near.

I looked towards the house. It was a three-story building with two wings and a massive underground floor which had anything from torture chambers all the way to poker rooms.

No windows of the staff looked at the side I was in which was the exact reason I chose to climb out here.

The east wing which faced me was resident only. This meant, that only the family or guests occupied the rooms. While the other wing held maid's rooms, kitchen, meeting rooms and living rooms.

I monitored the surrounding area as I made my way toward the building. Most rooms had no light in apart from one at the very top. It was Valentina's bedroom. One that she gracefully shared with Vlad. But not anymore.

Once I heard some branches break in the far right, I stilled before I turned my head to look. Nothing was there.

I turned to the other side but also saw nothing. I exhaled a breath of relief and walked further. When I reached the house, I walked towards the back where the backyard was. They didn't have anything much out here apart from some seating areas. Everything like gyms and a tennis court with an indoor pool was built further away from the main building.

This made it harder to enter the house through the back since there weren't many places to hide if someone spotted me.

I carefully peeked from the corner of the house towards the massive windows of the formal living room on the first floor. There was a giant glass chandelier hanging in the middle of that room, illuminating the space and lighting up the outside patio. It was mostly turned on regardless if someone was inside it which was good for me since I was able to be careful with every step I took until I reached the door.

I had one task until I walked inside. To get to the kitchens.

I couldn't try and run straight for them after I climbed over the fence since the maids were always working. So it was twenty times riskier to try and run past the people that looked through the windows and assessed the place at any given moment.