6 - The Mob

I walked into the meeting room, followed by Dante and Aldo

I walked into the meeting room, followed by Dante and Aldo. I took a seat and looked toward the man in front of us.

"Mr Brown, lovely to meet you," he gave me a heartfelt smile before averting his eyes to Dante.

"I've got to say, I was surprised when you invited us here," Dante said, crossing his arms over his chest. "I don't think there's much to discuss since we've paid you the stolen twelve million." Vlad never gave the money back which wasn't a surprise. But we couldn't lose our established relationship with the Browns over this.

"Indeed, Dante, but I've come with a request. Maybe a business deal," Silezio said before I glanced at Dante, who raised his brows.

"I'm listening."

"Since I found out Vlad was murdered, I think it's safe to say I like the idea of taking some of the Bratva," I chocked on the air I breathed in. Silezio looked at me. "Everything okay, Miss Ricci?" I nodded.

"You don't actually think the Bratva is that easily within reach, do you?" He raised his brows as I shifted in my seat.

"Think about it," Aldo butted in, "if the Casa Nostra interferes with the Russians, Vlad's minions won't be pleased nor content with this move. And since he was killed, I have no doubt in my mind that the person who did that wants to take over."

"Elijah should take over-"

"If he comes out alive," I said. "There's no way on this planet that he would kill his father for the throne which either way would've been his. That killer will get rid of him before he officially gets the job." Elijah might have been old-fashioned and a complete moron but he did share one thing with his father - boldness. He wasn't scared to get what he wanted just like Vlad but as much as they tried, the world wasn't on their side. Or better yet, we weren't on their side.

"How, would you say, we should do that?" Dante asked, Silezio's eyes moving from mine to Dante's. I was surprised when he didn't have his wife or right-hand man William by his side. Was this plan really that secretive that he couldn't trust them?

"The Bratva is without a ruler. So what do we do? Push one in ourselves."

"You realise the Bratva isn't just one person or family?"

To be a ruler of the mafia such as the Bratva or the Cosa Nostra, you had to have many allies. People that would be ready to fight with you and would respect you and your ideas. It wasn't just one ruler that got chosen. History did that part.

From an early age, I knew I would be associated with the Rossi. My family were their allies and I was best friends with the future queen. As the years went by, I was taught everything there was to know about mafias and how they seemed to function.

In our world, the underworld was divided into four parts: the Cosa Nostra, the Bratva, the Mob and the underdogs.

The Cosa Nostra was what the Rossi made it to be. The Italian based mafia world has thrived the longest and has become the most powerful out of the four.