24 - Take her time

I stood in front of her with my prows pinched together

I stood in front of her with my prows pinched together. "Margo, what the hell are you talking about?" If she knew about it, then Cel was going to kill me. Even if I didn't tell her. She shook her head slowly as she stared at me.

"Don't lie to my face, Liam. You know she's alive." My insides turned to panic.

"Mar-"

"She was the girl that you slept with yesterday, wasn't she?" I frowned as questions started forming in my head.

Did she see her leaving?

"The Louboutin heels. She wears them." My eyes slightly widened. This... what? How the hell did she figure it out just from the shoes.

"I didn't even recognise the shoes but I swear it wasn't her," she scoffed before rolling her eyes.

"There is no girl in this world that you could sleep with and act chipper and calmer the next morning. You went out for a damn run!" She raised her voice before turning away from me and facing the windows. "No girl could do that apart from her." I knew I couldn't mask my actual feelings that well, but she caught on. How the hell did she realise it this easily? "And you got a text from someone. I knew you tried to hide it but you smiled. That was clearer than the sky that I was right."

"That was just-"

"Stop," she turned around to face me. "Don't make up more lies. I get it. Okay? She didn't want to tell any of us. I'm beginning to think that she didn't want you to know. But..." tears started flooding her eyes. "My best friend. Liam, I wouldn't have done any harm by exposing her. You know that."

"It was what she had wanted. If you were in my shoes, you'd listen to her," I admitted.

"Where did you find her?" I walked over to the couch and sat down. I wasn't going to have that conversation standing up. It would be a long conversation and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to take it. The memories and the pain of her running away from me still lingered.

"I bumped into her near the women's restrooms." Margo walked over to the couch and sat down beside me. "I was so pissed at Guinevere that I couldn't see where I was going until she opened the door and bumped into my chest. I know it'll sound weird but even before I looked down at her something calmed inside me. Maybe it was the scent, maybe something else, I don't know.

"But when her eyes met mine, my life stopped. I recognised her almost immediately and the thing that confirmed it was the rose necklace. You've seen it. She wore the exact same like the one Cel did." I took a deep breath. "Her eyes." I wiped a rolling tear off my cheek. "They were the exact shade of green. Identical."

"You love her." I frowned as a smile crept on my face.

"Took you long enough to realise," she let out a small laugh as I drifted back into the memory. "She ran from me. I went into the bathroom and checked every stall. She must have moved under the stalls so I couldn't reach her. But when I heard the door open, I saw her. She ran out and I followed.