22 - Me out of all people

"What the hell?" Dante asked as he came up behind me, my eyes still locked on the river

"What the hell?" Dante asked as he came up behind me, my eyes still locked on the river. He pulled me back and looked me up and down. I was soaked through every piece of my clothing and probably looked like I'd just relived the horror of the night with all of the tears.

And on top of that, my shirt was undone as well as my bowtie.

"What the fuck?" Leo asked right beside Dante.

"I thought I saw her. It..." I inhaled a deep breath. "I saw hallucinations." Dante frowned.

"Boy, the way you ran out, made me think they happened but I thought you'd be back soon enough. We didn't know if you were better coping alone or with company."

"Alone."

Unless it's her.

"Figured, let's go, Beatrice wants you to meet her friend," I looked at Leo. "Here," he took off his jacket and handed it to me.

"I'm soaking wet, Leo. I can't go back," he smiled before pulling me away towards the Louvre. As I took the step, my legs were numb as if someone had frozen my nerves completely.

"Are you alright?" I ran a hand through my hair, trying to fix it at least somehow.

"I'm fine. But I should head back to the hotel."

"You can leave after you talk to Beatrice," I nodded.

"It's what I'm hoping to do."

When we walked inside, Beatrice was standing with Enzo by her side a bit further away from the stairs. Her face lit up when she saw me and gripped Enzo's hand as her eyes moved from me to Gabriele.

When I reached the bottom, I followed Leo towards Beatrice. She smiled as Gabriele looked over at me. There was a strange look on Gabriele's face. Almost as if he was more than happy to see me but I couldn't think of why and to be completely honest, I didn't care.

"Lovely to see you again, Liam. The weather's that bad?" I smiled before shaking his hand.

"Terrible. Wanted to clear my mind and walked too far," he smiled before averting his eyes onto his son. I glanced at Beatrice and waited for her to start talking.

"Liam," she turned to Enzo," this is Enzo," she looked back at me, "and Enzo, this is Liam. My brother." Enzo smiled before stepping forward and holding his hand out. I shook his hand as I got a better look at him.

He was six feet and three inches tall, he had dark brown hair which was curly, broad shoulders, and green eyes which were seen through black-rimmed glasses. I let go of his hand and looked over at Beatrice.

"I like him," she smiled before looking at Enzo. Gabriele placed a hand on my shoulder as we looked at them.

"She's good for him and I really hope he's good for her," he said before Enzo placed a kiss on Beatrice's temple. I smiled.