Extended epilogue

Nine years later

Nine years later

"Why can't I go with you?" Eliane asked me, my eyes moved from her to my husband sitting behind his office desk and typing something on his laptop. He smiled once he heard the conversation happening between my daughter and me.

"Because..." I struggled to find the words and tried to hint my struggle to Liam. He smiled at me before looking at Eliane.

"Because your mom and dad need a break from the both of you," my eyes widened.

"Liam!" He chuckled before returning his eyes to his laptop. I looked at Eli, pulling her closer to me.

Eliane was eight years old and was our eldest child. She looked very similar to Liam except for her eyes, they were a copy of mine. That was what Liam loved most about her. A year after our wedding, I gave birth to her and as much as I wouldn't change that moment for the world, I kind of regretted it the second time. The pain was barely bearable.

Nonetheless, Liam and I were irresponsible and ditched condoms ever since our honeymoon in Indonesia. It's a miracle I don't have nine kids by now. But after Leana, Liam got a vasectomy. It was his suggestion, not even mine. But I was sure I didn't want any more kids.

Leana was four and she had most of my facial features. Her hair was blond and curly like Liam's. Both of my girls were the best thing to have happened to me after Liam. They were the small rays of sunshine I never thought I needed with a large pinch of saltiness because they have character and don't like to stay quiet. Liam once said that they took that from me.

He was happier than ever to be a girl dad. I wasn't wrong when I said he'd make an amazing father but just like every year, we took time for ourselves. Meaning going away from everything to spend time together. Oh, and have sex without a kid barging in the room every minute.

Since my wedding, Alex and Margo have welcomed a baby boy into the world named Dominic. They all lived in our estate which we kept but just updated to match some of our tastes a lot better. After the wedding, we also built an extension so all of us could even fit here. A year before Dominic was born, Margo and Alex married and Alex took on Margo's last name because of his terrible relations with his parents. It was a joy to see Mario this happy to know that the Ricci name would continue after his death.

Egon and Laura had another little baby a year after my wedding. James was the same age as Eliane and they shared many of the same interests since they spent so much time together. Luciana was almost ten while her twins were already fifteen years old. It was actually weird to see teenagers roaming around the estate because it just showed how quickly time passed. It seemed as if it was yesterday when we were like them but now we were in our thirties and all with our own families.

Egon was still the boss of the Martinelli famiglia and Alex stayed Liam's underboss.

Riella married Mathew, shocking us all but she was pregnant with a baby girl five months ago. All that mattered was that they were happy. She lived across the ocean but kept close with her brother and Liam if they ever needed any help.

Aldo and Audrey got engaged just a year ago but don't plan on having kids any time soon. I don't blame them. They were kept around so many newborns throughout the years that it might have been enough to traumatize them for good. They both lived in our family's owned apartment complex in Rome.

Giorgio lived with Margherita a building away from Aldo and Beatrice was now the don of the Bratva. She was dating Enzo and currently lived in Moscow where most of the business was conducted. I think that Elisa would be proud of the fierce woman her daughter had become.

Lorenzo and Marco had a baby boy named Noah. He was nine years old and lived with his parents at the estate.

It has been a huge help to have our parents always around us so if even a minor inconvenience struck, we had someone to trust.

"But you're going to Bora Bora," she whined.

"Eli, stop being whiny, we'll go on a trip next month together. Anywhere you'd like," she smiled before looking at her father.

"Yeah, your mother and I can't wait to spend time in another place with the both of you," I rolled my eyes, a smile plastered on my face.

"Fine, have fun in the blue waters then," she said before walking away from me and heading towards the door.

"Eliane!" Liam raised his voice but being the stubborn girl she was, she didn't bother looking back. "Eliane Rossi-De Niro, come here," she just walked out of the room, making me chuckle.

Eliane was the only one we gave both last names to and left Leana just with the De Niro last name since Eliane was going to have to take over me and Liam once we decide it was time. Liam looked over at me. "See, I told you she's your kid," I smiled as I stood up and walked over to him.

"Thanks for confirming the fact that I birthed that creature," he smiled, pulling me onto his lap. His lips wasted no time capturing mine as his hands gripped my hips.

"I love you," he said before tugging a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Ti amo," I said against his lips before resting my head on his shoulder.

Every day I woke up, knowing I had the man of my dreams by my side that helped me build the family of my dreams.

Every day he asked me if I was happy and reassured me in any way he could. And to this day, his main goal in life was to make me happy.

And mine was to make him happy.

But I think we've both succeeded better than we ever thought we could after our daughters were born.

After everything I've gone through, I wasn't going to let my girls experience anything similar. Liam and I were going to ensure their safety above ours so that they don't have to know what it's like to be hurt physically and mentally by a lover or partner, or even a family member.

As for me, as long as I had Liam and my two girls by my side, I didn't need anything else. My life was complete the day I saw him in that meeting room and now, I can definitely say that I've always known in my heart that he'd mean more to me than just a simple attraction.

The end

————