12 - Alliance

I don't think I've ever thought I'd hate my life more than I do now

After the blow-up with my father, he left the estate and went to hell knows where leaving me to deal with my anger alone. Not that I thought it would have gone otherwise.

I paced in the living room, cracking my knuckles once in a while to let the frustration out. My mother sat on the couch with her elbows resting on her knees and her head in her hands. She was on the verge of tears but no matter how much I loved her, I couldn't see anything else but red in my eyes at the present. I knew that if I tried to console her now, I'd only make the situation worse.

Egon stood leaned against the entry arc to the room with his arms crossed over his chest and eyes looking down on the floor.

Ri sat next to my mother, one arm wrapped around her. And for some reason, Guinevere stood by one of the windows right next to the white couch on which my mother and Ri sat.

"You can't pace around for the rest of the day," Egon broke the silence which comforted me for some reason. "He'll come back eventually."

"He can go fuck himself, for all I care," I spat out, running a hand through my hair, which grew out quite a bit since everything went to shit. But I didn't even make a mental note for future me to cut it. If it bothers me later, I'll do it.

"Liam," my mother's weak voice said, "he's your father-"

"How fucking dare you?" I turned to look at her. "He abused me my entire childhood. Is that what a father is?" It took me a shit ton of strength to cover the scars on my chest with tattoos. It's one of the only reasons for which I have most of the art on my body. "He can't even keep his dick in his pants so he runs off every night to hell knows where." I chuckled. "Hell, maybe he's with an escort right now?"

"Liam, not in front of-"

"What difference does it make?" I looked at Riella, whose eyes shot daggers at me. "She knows it, she knows what her husband is up to and then decides that it shouldn't be any of my damn concern?" I scoffed. "This is my estate now, and as much as it hurts me to know that your husband isn't in love with you because you don't deserve that, mom, you can't sit here and think I will stay silent about this." Her teary eyes looked up at me, breaking what was left of my heart into pieces.

No person wants to see their mother, the person who was there for them every step of the way and gave them life, in tears, close to their breaking point. At least most people.

"It's actually devastating that I have to share my blood with him because I swear, he doesn't deserve any happiness on this goddamn Earth," I looked away from my mother towards the foyer through the entrance to the room.

"There has to be an explanation for this," Egon muttered under his breath.

"This is all so fucking frustrating," I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.