32 - One month

One month since the night

The cold evening breeze touched my cheeks as I stared at the almost fully set sun from the balcony of Vlad's apartment in New York. I was surprised to find out that it was this close to the city centre. But especially, I hadn't thought he'd be so bold to let me stay here. Let alone come here with a massive risk of being exposed.

But I guess that was Vlad for you. Unpredictable and bold.

I took a deep breath as I leaned against the glass barrier. With every day that passed, I missed my family more and more. It hurt me to know they didn't know I was alive but I would show. I wouldn't hold back such a secret for so long.

I was only glad to know that Liam was alright. Well... I meant enough to say alive. That's all I wanted at this point. And I had to thank Valentina for such news.

Since a few brief words on the plane that got us across the ocean, I haven't spoken to Vlad. Even then I threw a few insults at him that made him slap me across the face. I didn't deserve it. I really didn't. But I didn't throw a fit. Instead, I walked away and walked back into my room.

The following day, I had bruising. My right cheekbone showed the bruise that that bastard made. It made me sick, knowing he was always right by me and I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe a slight reason behind it was the fact that he had three guards around his bedroom.

I laughed when I saw them. Vlad was so incapable of defending himself from me that he had to keep armed men around him at all costs.

Since we got here, my mind often drifts to the thought of me being pregnant. I should've thought about making the appointment closer to the funeral rather than after it since we all knew it couldn't end well.

And well... It didn't end well indeed.

I turned around from the view just as I began to think of Liam. I couldn't hold back my tears when thoughts of him and I started flooding my brain. And because I had to keep a straight mind and be alerted at all times, I simply couldn't bother crying. Even if my heart was shattered.

But as much as it hurt, the pain wasn't as severe as it was in the Himalayas. I knew he was close. Really fucking close to me and all I wanted to do was run out of here. I wanted to at least see him. To see that he was alive and breathing myself.

I walked back into my room which was much bigger than the one I previously had. It had windows on two sides of the room, and full access to the balcony that stretched from one corner of the room to the other. The room was mostly in darker tones as the main colours were black and darker grey. It had a small fireplace across from the bed, which had its headboard pushed against the windows with two small bedside tables on each side. There were two lamps on both of them which had a deers body as the holder. I frowned once I saw them because I don't think I had ever seen such a weird object.