30 - Two weeks

Two weeks since the night

"He expects you to dine with them," Valentina told me as she straightened my hair. Even though it had been a whole week, my chest pain was just slowly getting better. I wasn't able to do any difficult physical activity and resting was slowly beginning to suffocate me.

Now I understood why Liam was so quick to go out of bed after he was injured. The same four walls were making me feel as if I was in a cage. Knowing that Vlad was somewhere down there made me want to jump through the window.

No one apart from Valentina walked into the room since I woke up a week ago. Tyler didn't bother coming since he was apparently away in Moscow. Vlad was busy and obviously didn't have the time of day to interact with his captive.

Valentina came in almost three or four times each day to check up on me but we barely chatted. I tried to talk to her and tried to ask her about what was happening behind my door but she either kept quiet or changed the subject to ask how I was doing or just asked if I needed anything.

The most I've gotten was about Tyler and Vlad's current plans. And even that information was practically slim to none.

Tonight was surprisingly interesting. Well, was going to be. Valentina came into my room almost an hour ago to tell me that I had to attend their dinner tonight. She brought ten different dresses for me to try on and I didn't bother even getting a good look at them. I just chose the most simple looking dress which happened to be a black dress. It wasn't super tight but I liked that most of my skin was covered with the long sleeves and the fabric covering my entire chest.

I sat on a small cushion by the dresser where Valentina was doing my hair. I didn't want to go but I didn't even hesitate to agree to the invite. Not that it was an invite. More of demand for the captive.

I was ready to face him and try to take as much information out of him as possible. I knew I had to fake my well-being and act as if I still got frequent headaches and barely tolerable chest pain. It was my ace in the cards to get out of an uncomfortable conversation.

"I don't even get why?"

"It's been two weeks. I think he wants to see what you've been up to," she said as she grabbed another strand of my hair and straightened it.

"Then why can't he just come to my room like a civilised kidnapper?" Valentina snorted.

"Sorry," I tried to not get it to my head. It wasn't laughable. It was actually devastating that I was alive while my family thought otherwise.

And Liam. Fucking hell he's going to go insane.

"I need to get out of here," I said as quietly as I could in hopes she would hear.

"As I said," she grabbed another strand of my hair, "stay for now. I have a few plans up my sleeve." With those words, she placed the straighter on the dresser before turning it off. She walked over to the bed to pick out some shoes for me. I turned to face her with a frown on my face.