4 - Not anymore

The house was in fact cold and haunted

The house was in fact cold and haunted. Everywhere I went it felt as if she was lurking around, trying to see what's were doing. I shivered from the thought.

She was dead. I had to tell myself that every moment when I thought otherwise. As I stepped down the stairs, I started to rethink what had happened. Even though we didn't have her body, I remember how her heart stopped beating. I remember how her chest stopped moving. It was the memories that haunted me in my sleep.

But Liam's screams were what solidified the fact she died. If someone shouted something in the background, all I heard was Liam's scream as we tried to pull him away from her.

"Margo?" I almost tripped down the stairs as I realised who had spoken. I turned my head towards the entryway to the lounge and met Dante's eyes. "I didn't know you were back." Aldo and I got back earlier last night and went straight to bed after landing. I was exhausted from the lack of sleep and the two hours that I did manage to get, didn't do me justice. I reached the foyer before I answered.

"Yeah, just last night. We didn't bother to wake anyone up. If anything had happened you would've known." He nodded before turning back to the lounge. It was one of the more formal ones which opened the view to the front yard. I followed Dante inside and met Lorenzo's eyes.

"Hey, Mar." I smiled at him as I took a seat on the white armchair.

"Hi," I greeted him and looked through the window.

"How is Liam?"

"Apart from the obvious? Worse than I imagined." Dante looked down, crossing his arms over his chest. "He's not doing well just like I thought but I didn't think he would react so drastically to the fact she isn't buried. Although I can't say I'm very surprised." Lorenzo, for once, didn't have his phone or laptop out and stared through the window. "Why didn't you call Alex?" I asked, looking at Dante.

"You could've done that." I could've. That was true.

"Business is business and I keep it away from my relationship with him. Besides, I thought he knew."

"Fair enough."

"Why did you tell his father?" Dante sighed.

"I don't know. Everything was put into place and I barely thought with my brain. I'll admit that it wasn't the best choice but what happened, happened. It doesn't change anything." I nodded. As much as it hurt, the Usoro and Lorenzo were gone. Completely out of the radars of both our and Liam's sights.

"I did hear that Francesco is thinking about marrying Liam with Guinevere." I frowned as I looked over at Dante.

"Who's Guinevere?"

"Brown's daughter." I widened my eyes. The Martinelli have had a relationship with them for years before we began to work with them. "He already tried to get them together after Liam's seventeenth birthday as far as I know but it never went anywhere."