25 - Comparison

When we arrived at the Rossi estate the next day, I was kind of afraid of asking Dante about staying in her room

When we arrived at the Rossi estate the next day, I was kind of afraid of asking Dante about staying in her room. I had her permission but that didn't mean it was relevant since she was dead in everyone else's eyes.

Most of my family apart from Egon, my sisters, mother and Alex left. Riella had exams coming up and had to study, I didn't even think of inviting Guinevere here so she tagged along with Ri. Leo and his wife left to check on Francesco before I came back and had what was going to be a talk that will end in some sort of murder.

When I stepped into the foyer with almost everyone behind me, Dante turned around to face me. "Do you think you want to stay in her room?" I acted as though I had a hard time deciding whether or not I should when really, I already knew I'd stay there.

"If it's not too much to ask," he gave me a heartfelt smile before patting me on the shoulder.

"Not at all. Besides, her place might give you the calm that you seek."

That and the fact that she was actually going to sneak in later tonight.

"Thank you, Dante." He smiled before wrapping an arm around Giorgia's waist. She placed a kiss on his cheek, making him smile like he was back in his teenage years. I smiled, wondering where the hell life went wrong to give my mother such a piece of shit of a husband.

I liked knowing that Cel had good parents. Even if her father had some hiccups along the way, he loved his wife and family more than anything. That was one of the biggest differences between him and Francesco.

"It's unlocked and I'm not sure how dusty it may be but-" I smiled.

"It's fine. Thank you again for letting me stay here," Giorgia smiled at me.

"There's no need, Liam. If anything, feel free to ask anyone for anything you'd like," I nodded and turned to leave.

"And Liam!" Dante called me, making me turn back around. Egon was already heading somewhere with Laura while Alex and Margo stood right behind Giorgia and Dante.

Margo stood right in front of Alex who had his arms wrapped around her. Since the day at the Eiffel Tower, he seemed to be suspicious of something. He barely spoke to me and when I talked to someone, he kept an eye on me.

I wondered if this was him trying to see if I actually was over Cel and was now hiding some lover behind everyone's backs. And that would make sense because only Margo knows the truth. Alex knows the first version of the story: I slept with another girl the night of the ball.

But he was clever. And it was just a matter of time before he begins to put two and two together. And I hoped my love would be done with whatever she wanted to do.

Beatrice led my mother upstairs into one of the guest bedrooms and Audrey walked into the small lounge room with Aldo. The lounge where I patiently waited for my love to come back from the trip to Mykonos after which I carried her upstairs and almost fucked her. The rest was history.