40 - Decision

My heart pounded in my chest as Laura put her tools away

My heart pounded in my chest as Laura put her tools away. I cleaned my stomach with the paper towels as I sat up. Laura had taken me to her good friend's clinic where she did numerous practices for her degree.

She looked over at me before sighing.

"You're definitely still pregnant." My heart fell out of my damn chest. This was what I had been dreading. I didn't want this. I didn't want to go through this. "Are you..." I looked away from her for a brief moment.

"I need to call Liam," she nodded before standing up from her chair and leaving the room, leaving me some privacy.

I rubbed my jaw as I thought of everything that could go wrong. I took my phone out of the pocket of my jeans and stared at the screen. I was hesitant. But I knew I'd make him more upset if I didn't tell him now. Besides, I now knew he wouldn't have cared about my decision. Once I hit the call button, there was no going back.

"Yes, my love?" He answered in a few seconds. I could hear the commotion in the background.

"I can talk to you after I'm back if it's-"

"No, tell me. Everything alright?" I breathed in and held the air in for a few seconds.

"When will you be back at the estate?" I asked, skipping the news since I hoped I could tell him everything eye to eye.

"I'm back from my meeting. It's Dante and Aldo I'm speaking to at the moment," I frowned. It didn't surprise he was already back but what was strange was how heated the conversation was.

"What are you all talking about?"

"I'll tell you later. Will you be back soon so I could take you out?" A smile crept on my face like a reflex.

"Yes. And I have things to tell you so I think it's best we go somewhere private," he chuckled.

"You're also dead to the world, baby. I know I need you to be in private."

"I'll be back in twenty minutes at best."

"Alright then. See you soon." I smiled before ending the call.

-------

Once I entered the foyer, I could hear the loud voices in the meeting room. I frowned as I looked towards the hall where the rooms were and stepped forward, slowly heading in that direction. Only when I was a few doors away did I realise that Liam was the one that was yelling.

"I doubt that even he would want to get involved in this. If I was him I wouldn't." I stood by the door, getting some weird looks from one of the guards across from the door. Only the security team was aware of my presence as well as a few maids but other than that, my life was kept a secret from anyone else.

"We can't just strike that way."

"She wants to do it. Let it fucking be," Liam fought back.

"I'm not letting my daughter who, I shall remind you, got killed the last time," Liam laughed. Like actually laughed at my father.