27 - Deal

"What do you mean you fucked up?" She tilted her head back so she could see my face

"What do you mean you fucked up?" She tilted her head back so she could see my face. I wrapped my arms around her, knowing that if she found out, she'd run. And I promised her father I'd keep her.

"Your father and Margo know," she frowned before she turned around in my arms to fully face me.

God, she was beautiful.

"What does that mean?" She asked, her hand lightly touching my shoulder.

"They figured it out. I'm a bad actor and they saw almost right through me," her face stayed straight, not indicating any change in emotion. "I'm really sorry for that, love."

"So..." she looked down at my chest. "They know I'm alive?" I nodded.

"And I'm pretty sure your mother will know soon." She looked up at me, almost clear she wanted to flee. "And I can't let you go." In a matter of seconds, she turned from the calm and sweet Cel that I loved into the wicked and dangerous killer. I tightened my arms around her as she started to move around frantically. "Baby, Dante knows you're here," she pushed her hands against my chest, trying to shove me back.

"Liam, please, I have to go," she pleaded. I held her tight against me as she moved around.

"No, Cel. I'm sorry," she grunted as she tried pushing me away. "Baby, listen, we'll help you, I promise," she hit my face with her hand, letting the spot sting.

"Let me go, you piece of shit!" She shoved me back but I just tightened my grip on her, almost plastering her to my front.

"Cel, listen to me. You'll be fine. No one is going to try and kill you. I'll be right beside you."

"You don't understand. No one can help me. I only needed you to be with me that all. You have a good-ish aim and you know how to fight. That's why I needed you. I don't need anyone else knowing. It's too risky," I placed a kiss on her head as she kept trying to pull away from me.

"My love, please. You can't run from me now." I placed another kiss on her head. "I hate to break it to you but I'm stronger."

"Let. Me. Go." She demanded, her hands planted on my chest, giving me some warmth.

"Celeste, no."

"Liam."

"Celeste." She looked up at me and I smiled. "You're strong, you know that?" She rolled her eyes before I pushed her on her back and wrapped my hand around her throat. Fuck, I've missed that. "Don't roll your eyes at me." I placed a kiss on her lips as her hands rose to my shoulders.

"Liam, let me go. It's all I'm asking." I shook my head before I kissed her cheek and moved my lips onto her ear.

"I love you," I whispered.

"Then show me." I stilled before pulling my head away from her neck and looking at her. I raised my brows as I watched her closely. Her eyes looked all over my face until they finally settled on my eyes.