31 - Three weeks

Three weeks since the night

To say that I was bored out of my mind was an understatement.

One week had passed since I last saw Vlad at the dining table. And one week since I started planning what was going to become the biggest mission of my life.

I wasn't just about to try and kill Vlad. I was about to kill an abuser. A man that owned the Bratva. It wasn't just some random man. It was a man that had guards around him at any given second because his head was worth millions.

I left the bathroom after spending an hour in the shower staring at the tiles. At this point, I'd memorized them so well I knew which ones were chipped. There were many.

I put on some clothes that Valentina had brought me earlier. She was excited about something and as much as I tried to strike up a conversation throughout the week, she kept quiet.

What had she been hiding that was so forbidden so I couldn't know?

But I didn't push her. I knew there was something more than just keeping things from me. Maybe she wanted to earn my trust. To make sure I wouldn't snitch on her if I found out she'd want to help me. But somewhere deep inside me, I thought she did so because of how much she didn't want to help me.

I was a part of the family that left her. Even if I didn't do anything against her since I hadn't even been born, she held that grudge against me. And only after years, did we begin to question her story. After all, it wasn't that out in the open.

The door burst open, making me jerk my head in its direction. Valentina walked inside with a bag in her left hand. She threw it on the bed before walking over to the windows and pulling the curtains closed. I frowned as I watched her do whatever she intended to do.

"What-"

"Zitti," I shut my mouth and waited until she was back near the bed and opened the black leather bag. I watched her closely as she took out a silver Mackbook and two phones. I crossed my arms over my chest as I stared at her every move. She placed the devices on the bed near the bag and took out two guns. My eyes widened at the sight of them.

"Valentina-" she held her hand out, stopping me. She took out two sets of knives with two leather straps to which they were attached. The last thing she took out was a small glass bottle. I knew it had to be poison. I've seen similar packaging at our estate's weapon storage room.

"Okay," she looked up at me, finding my questionable expression. No wonder she closed the curtains. She couldn't even risk the birds finding this out. If there even were any. I didn't know, I spent most of the time looking at the walls and trying to find some kind of escape. "I've made a plan," I nodded very slowly, making look as if I wasn't sure I heard anything correctly. "We're leaving in two hours." I frowned.

"To-"

"Vlad is leaving for New York and is taking you with him. He can't risk leaving you here considering the fact that you're bold enough to throw a fit in front of the guards," she held her hands out in defence. "His words, not mine," I rolled my eyes before she continued. "We'll be staying in one of his secret penthouses near the centre and should stay there for about a week," I nodded, trying to keep track of the new information.