7 - Rage

I stepped into the kitchen after spending two hours on the basketball court

I stepped into the kitchen after spending two hours on the basketball court. Last night was horrid. I don't think I will ever get over the fact that my life is ruined.

I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and opened the cap as I closed the door before I took a big gulp. The hot weather, as much as it lets me be outside and enjoy some freedom, the heat slowly killed me. Even the house, which was nothing but marble, stone and air conditioners, was much warmer than usual.

Because of the scorching heat, I wore only my black work-out shorts and sneakers. My back was starting to burn from the amount of time I spent outside but I didn't have it in me to care. The burn swallowed some of the pain inside me and let me breathe for the first time in weeks.

I stepped out of the kitchen when I noticed Riella's figure on the living room couch, her back facing me, and right across from her - Guinevere. I stopped in my tracks before her eyes found me.

"Hey," she said, making Riella turn her head back.

"Brother!" She stood up from the couch and ran over to me before wrapping her hands around my body.

"Careful," I said as her hands touched the burned skin. She pulled away, her brows pinched together as she looked at me.

"What's your problem?"

"Lovely to see you, Ri." She smiled before she turned me around and gasped.

"You are a sociopath." I could hear Guin's heels clack against the marble floors as she hurried toward me. "Why are you not wearing sunscreen?" I turned back around, taking another gulp of ice-cold water.

"Didn't have it in me," she rolled her eyes before she disappeared into the kitchen. My eyes followed her as I tried to figure out what she was doing.

"You're hurting yourself, Liam," Guin's hand touched my bicep, making me jerk my arm away from her. I met her eyes as she looked up at me because of her height.

"Stop that. Find someone who's interested in you," I looked back at Riella who was now heading back to me with a tube in her hand. "What is that?" She opened the cap and squirted some clear cream on her palm. "Riella?" She turned me around and smeared the cream all over my back, making me jerk from the cold. But after she applied it, it soothed the pain with the chilliness.

"Don't go out in the sun without covering your back for a few days," I looked back at her.

"Thank you," I said before taking the last gulp of water. Riella patted me on the shoulder and walked back into the kitchen to wash her hands.

"You know, I didn't think you'd be so stupid," she said from the kitchen as I turned towards the entryway and leaned against the wall.

"I like the pain," she stilled, glancing at me.

"Keep that in the bedroom, please and thank you. I don't think melanoma is something you want to get." She averted her eyes back to the running water from the tap as I crossed my arms over my chest while holding the empty water bottle in my hand.