11 - One Mistake

"Okay! Okay!" I shouted as I covered my face with my forearms

"Okay! Okay!" I shouted as I covered my face with my forearms. Audrey's hands hit my arms, trying to teach me a lesson about not resting and being too stubborn to do what she said. "Audrey!" I shouted before I grabbed her wrists and looked at her. Her eyes showed no mercy on my end, making me smile. "You have the strength, darling."

"I didn't take self-defence lessons for nothing," she twisted in such a way that she ended up with her back to me, her wrists pulled out of my grasp.

"Fuck," I muttered as I winced from the pain. She turned back around and slapped me in the face. I barely moved my face but the sting was there and not so pleasant. "Audrey-"

"That's for being a bitch about staying in bed. And don't you dare try to do otherwise." She picked up the basketball that was right next to my thigh and walked over to the corner of the court where the balls were kept in a big black basket. She turned around before she strutted over to me.

"Audrey-"

"You're actually insane. Alex and you both. Fuck the underworld and mafia business shit. You're hurt," she pointed at my face while standing inches away from me. "Stop trying to show you're inner strength that I'm sure you have but this is not the time, brother. You're injured. And if you for once think that I'll let you die again, you're fucking wrong."

"Language, missy," she rolled her eyes before handing me her hand.

"Come on, off the floor," I stood up without the need of her hand and stretched my arms behind me. The pain was still there and impossible to mask out but I sucked it in.

Even with pain tolerance like mine, this was becoming unbearable. But then again, I was supposed to be resting.

"Finally came to your senses?" She asked, drawing my attention to her. She was much shorter than me, making me drop my head much lower than normal. "Follow me, I'll lock you in your room," she grabbed my wrist before pulling me away.

"Careful," I hissed.

"Then you should rest because it's day five and you're barely getting any better."

————

I lay in bed, my eyes darted at the ceiling. The sun was already setting and sleep was not even close to gracing me. Although I did spend most of the daytime sleeping since there wasn't much I could do in my bed.

Audrey managed to put three cameras in my room and threatened to shove a chainsaw up my ass for real this time.

No wonder she's so into dirty business.

I did question her if it was a good idea though because I said that I might decide I want to jerk off and going to the bathroom was just not a task I was too eager to complete. She looked at me before fake-throwing up and flipping me off.

Fine, I'll keep my horny demons to myself for a while.

Even if they haven't really been present since she left.