10 - The woman

I sat in the car as I waited for Lorenzo to come out of the house

I sat in the car as I waited for Lorenzo to come out of the house. I scrolled through Instagram to pass the time even though my brain didn't register what I was seeing.

It's been three days since the rest of Vlad's family was killed and the middle of the week, making me mentally exhausted.

No one has even said a word regarding the Bratva since the news came out and frankly, I was glad. As much as I feared becoming the next target, I tried not to get it in my head. Sighing, I turned my phone off and tilted my head back. I jumped when the opposite door opened, making me curse under my breath.

"Dio mio," I took a deep breath in, calming my nerves. Lorenzo sat in and closed the door.

"The driver will be here in a few," I nodded as he buckled up, "but I have some news," I pinched the bridge of my nose. I had no idea how much more I could handle. "Luca made an appearance," I shot my eyes to Lorenzo.

"Sul serio?" [Seriously?] He nodded and opened his laptop before setting it on his lap.

"I was looking through one of his old estate cameras back in London. I guess you could say I was surprised to see him step out of a black SUV in the middle of the night." I frowned.

"You're telling me he appeared in London?" He nodded as he pulled up the footage he had recorded. He tilted the laptop towards me and pressed play.

The tape showed the driveway of one of the Lorenzo's estates in London. This one specifically was closer to the city and was the least protected security-wise. It didn't have a special system with which you had to go through a full security check before entering the property.

As the sped up time went by, not too long later, a black SUV drove into the property and stopped right by the door. The back door, facing the camera, which was aimed at the front of the house, opened and a man exited the vehicle. Lorenzo zoomed in closer on the man and it was clear as day that it was Luca.

After a full month of disappearing into hell knows what he finally grew some balls to show up.

Now, I don't doubt the possibility of him spending all of his time somewhere in Siberia where Vlad might have given him a bunker to stay in but it was a matter of time until he showed up in the public eye. And even if it was on his own property, in front of cameras that were only accessible if you were one of his people or had a talented hacker on board, it meant that he was no longer in hiding.

Meaning that we now know how to trace him and kill him for good.

The driver's door opened as the driver sat in and gave us an acknowledgement nod. I smiled at him before averting my eyes back to the screen. The car started to move as the video continued.

Nothing more interesting happened since he went inside and still probably laid around there.

"Finally," I said, turning my head towards the window on my side. I saw the beginning of conifers right by our gate that covered our property's fence perfectly.