28 - The Night

Two months ago on the night

"For fuck's sake. Enough of this bullshit," Luca growled, firing a gun towards where we were. Screams erupted but before I could see what had happened, my eyes stopped over Celeste's body in Liam's arms.

He was shaking her, his hand on her cheek, trying to wake her up. My entire body stiffened at the sight. She wasn't breathing.

She was dead.

"Please, please, baby," he placed his lips against her forehead before pressing his forehead against hers. I looked over at Laura behind them who was holding Aldo close to her. He'd been shot.

"Run, little peasants," Luca coed. I rushed to Liam's side.

"Take her. Now," he didn't look up at me but complied and stood up with her in his arms. I pushed him towards the woods across from Luca and ran. Alex and Egon both shot from behind the trees at Luca and his men but he had one upon us.

As we rushed into the woods, Liam ran in front of me. I couldn't even register much of what happened behind me but I could hear bullets like it was my worst nightmare. I hid behind a tree as Liam did a few feet away from me. I took in deep breaths as shock, adrenalin and grief settled in while mixing with one another.

"Liam!" A scream erupted being us, causing me to look past the tree. Alex ran towards us. His face was pale, his clothes were drenched from sweat and a few drops of blood covered the side of his neck. Once he spotted me, he ran over to me before grabbing my forearm.

"What? You okay?" I asked, worried that something was very wrong with him. He looked around us, trying to spot Liam.

"I'm fine, but we need to get the hell out of here." I frowned before I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to stop him from freaking out completely.

"Alex, calm down. I'm fine we can go," I walked over to where Liam was as the sickling feeling made its way to my stomach. He held her in his arms but had his head tilted back against the tree and breathed quite frequently.

"Liam, we need to-" Alex grabbed me once a loud explosion erupted. Liam pulled Celeste to his chest even closer as her wound bled even more.

"We need to get her wound checked out," Alex said right behind me but once I looked behind him, I saw Egon running with Giorgio in his arms. His leg was injured from when we ran to find where Celeste was. Laura ran close behind him while Lorenzo fired bullets toward the black van.

Luca was already in the van because of his injuries so his minions were the ones fighting his battle. Marco helped Aldo follow everyone and when I looked back at Liam I placed my hand on his bicep, trying not to freak him out further.

He was lost. He was in his head and nothing around him caught much of his attention. "Liam, let's go," Egon reached us and before I could even get a better look at him, he started speaking, out of breath.