⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁰⁶☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Levi

I may or may not have pulled the drapes back open. Don't worry, she wasn't in the room. She was in the bathroom. And It's been two hours and she still hasn't gotten out of there. I'm convinced she got abducted by a group of laser shooting, acid spitting aliens. What the hell does a human need two hours for inside the bathroom?

The better question is; why are you waiting for her to come out?

That's for me to know.

Plus, I'm not waiting for her. Ew, never. I'm just enjoying my time with a sleeping cat in my lap and I just happen to have a window that faces hers perfectly like we're in one of those sickening rom-coms.

Yeah, I'm not waiting for her.

She's a human, why would I wait for a human?

She just proved to me they're slow creatures anyway.

But it still confuses me how much time humans take in the bathroom. Yeah, I'm all about hygiene and staying clean. But two hours? How does one even do that?

Even I, as a vampire, would have melted and wrinkled if I stayed in water that long. Now that says a lot.

Did she die inside there? Knowing her— i don't know her at all, I'm just judging based off of what I have observed this morning—that's a very high possibility she's got there.

But I can't hear anything from there right now. That's impossible, I could always hear no matter how quiet it is. At least I'd hear her breathing. But it's quiet.

I immediately know something's fishy around here.

I turn around, twisting my torso only so that Zara is comfortable and I grab a pillow. I prop it up along with my bigger one behind it so that I'm half sitting slightly up and the rest of my body acting as a little sunbed for Zara. I don't know why sleep doesn't sound like heavenly news to me right now. It usually does, but knowing that a human stayed up that long in the morning is making me feel energetic. Energetic and bored out of my mind.

But I cannot let this... Blaire to beat me in something.

How old is this Blaire anyway?

I never actually got to know her age, that kinda creeps me out. She could be 15 for all I know. That would be bad for me.

Vampires don't have an age, but if I had to put an age on me, it would be 22, since that's when I turned into a vampire. My vampire age, though, that I lost track of a long while ago.

That thought alone made me grimace.

Now, I don't consider myself to be a good vampire, but I'm definitely not a pedophile.

Yuck.

Yes, I thought she was good-looking, but that doesn't mean anything beyond those two words.

I stand up, forgetting that Zara was on my lap. She slid off, but I caught her right before she fell. Her tiny, little claws get caught in my sweats, which makes this a lot easier on me, knowing that she wouldn't have gotten hurt if I hadn't noticed.

I place her on my pillow as a little piece offering and I kiss the top of her head. "Don't hate me." I whisper, scratching her throat before I turn around and walk to where I was initially heading.

The window.

No, I'm not suicidal, nor am I gonna fly out of it. I'm just shutting the drapes, idiot.

I grab the drapes, taking one last glance at the human's window before I pull it shut. Before I let go of the drapes, I sense movement from her window. I waste no time ripping the drapes back open to see what's going on.