⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁴³☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

Never mind.

Never mind, never mind, never mind.

I can't do this.

Oh dear heavens, I want out of here.

I want to go home. I don't want an apology anymore. I just want to be left alone. God, I want to go home. The one where I feel safest. I don't care, I'll face Levi. I'll apologize, anything and anywhere but not here.

I want to get out of here. It feels like the place is closing up on me, it's only the three of us in the hallway and yet it feels as though we're inside of a stall instead of a school. This school feels too small for the three of us to be in and I want out.

I can almost imagine it as one of those cowboy fights with the 'awa-awa-aa-wa-wa-waa' playing in the background, except this hallway is very much crowded and packed with noisy youths who don't run and hide from the straw chewing cowboys.

It hasn't even been fifty minutes in school and yet here he is, walking toward me, looking like he's about to explode in anger over this juvenile situation. It takes every fiber in me to resist the urge to hide behind Lando in utter fear. Seeing him again is just enough to make me relive that god awful moments he put me through. His snear looks identical to that turned on face he made, only on an even uglier level. That guy is a far cry from ugly, but his actions have only made him appear horrendousin my eyes. I never thought I'd be this afraid of someone who isn't my father, but Jake's gaze feels like it's burning a whole into my face from how hot and fresh of rage it is. Same look he gave me after he slapped me. I could practically smell tension in the air as the hallways clear put with the ring of the bell.

I swear, if we had an invisible sheild protecting us from strange gazes, we would be more opaque than right now. People just look right through us and right now isn't the first time I wished I was actually a somebody inside of this building.

I stand tall, even though my heart is racing inside my ribcage like I took a seven mile run before coming to school. It's beating so hard, it hurts and it's the only thing I'm hearing. I don't think I can physically handle this. I already feel sick to my stomach and nauseous just from the sight of him. My nervousness is too much, it's making me dizzy, I can't see clearly, everything's almost doubled.

Jake is two in front of me.

Imagine seeing a Blobfish. Ugly, right? Now imagine two.

It's a walking nightmare.

The silent four seconds or so he takes walking up to us feels like it's in slow motion in a horror movie. It's so outstretched, I begin to doubt I'm awake, so, I pinch my forearm unnoticeably and wince slightly when I feel the sting of it.

Dammit, I'm awake.

When he gets too close, I have to force myself to stand still and not recoil as he smacks his last footstep on the white marble flooring. It resounds in the hallway in spite of all the sounds made by people around us. They seem to ignore his bull-like breathing effortlessly, which doesn't help with these types of circumstances considering I know this will end terribly.

I feel Orlando's oh so calm touch on my shoulder, pulling me closer. He seems so unbothered, it eases my panic a little. Just a tiny bit, really. But still, when I glance back on Jake, my ease vanishes instantly.

I want to go to Levi's.

I feel like I'm gonna faint within these next three seconds. I'm not even exaggerating, I think they just shrunk to two seconds.

"You look fresh, don't you?" I almost give Lando a hard blow in the ribs when I heard his mocking tone. Yet his face was serious, like he actually wanted Jake to respond. But I know better than to think Orlando would care about what Jake has to say. All I do is look at the floor, unable to face the intensity of this whole thing. Jake doesn't look fresh, that's for certain. His black eyes didn't get any less... Black and his swollen face is still swollen. He looks rather more horrible than yesterday.