⋆↟•─────⋅☾²⁴☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

I yawn, stretching and jumping out of bed with newfound energy. I look around and my brows draw together when I realize I'm still in Levi's bedroom. I look at the clock on the wall, 8:27 A.M. I have about an hour and a half to get ready for work. Since I'm too late to go to school anyway.

I rush downstairs, eager to see nonna and Levi before going home to get ready. My feet tap on the carpeted stairs and I jump the last two steps. I look around for anyone but it's a quiet bliss.

"Anyone up?" I ask, walking into the kitchen without waiting for their respinse. I walk into the kitchen, the first one I see is Levi, pouring some dry food for little Winni, who's standing on the island, waiting for her food.

"Good morning, house owners." I smile, sitting down on the stool and petting her. "Why don't we dance? I want to dance. Salsa. Winni, would you like to join?" I pull put a smolder smile, joking around.

Levi, weirdly, looks like a mess. Not like himself at all. His hair is messy, yet oddly shmexy. He has those heavy looking, droopy eyes, like if he tries to focus on something, his eyes would steer off to another. He has slightly dark circles under his eyes, which I guess are from exhaustion. He nods me a good morning, I think he's too tiresome to answer. Shoot, did I cause that? Maybe, he can't sleep anywhere other than his bed.

I accidentally took that yesterday.

I stand up, walking around the island, standing next to him. "You look really tired." I say, gesturing for the dry food box before grabbing it from him. "Let me do it, you go get some sleep. You look like you need it." I look up at him with a tight lipped smile. "It's okay," He shakes his head with minimal movement. Only now, I notice how dark his eyes had become. Like someone drained all of the beauty inside his hazel orbs and replaced them with a dull, light-less brown.

"Levi, what's wrong?" I've asked him this question a lot lately, and I've never gotten a decent, rational answer.

He stares at the empty island top, his gaze idle and his eyes seem hollow. Void of any thoughts. I feel my heart stop once I see tears brimming his lower lids. My worry only grows so much before I have a heart attack, sir.

"Levi," I whisper, setting down the box and pushing the bowl for Winni to eat. All while looking at him with sickening worry.

His face is cold as stone for a split second before it breaks completely, crumbling on the floor like cheap glass. He tries to hide his weakness by resting his elbows on the counter and covering his face with his hands. I don't want to make this about me, 'cause it will definitely appear so if I cried right now, but I can't help my own tears from spilling. I need to get a grip.

"Levs?" My voice cracks like a turkey. I walk closer to him and I gently place a hand on his back, rubbing soothingly and using my other hand to remove his hand from his face. That's the name i was supposed to tell him yesterday, but i forgot. I think i like it, but by the looks of it, he's not giving me an opinion on it anytime soon. Only then do I see how heavy his tears are. His whole face is wet with tears. He straightens, but looks away from me, ashamed of his own tears.

I take his face in my hand, turning it to me. He doesn't bother with fighting, just averting his eyes away from mine. "Don't look away, Levs. You can talk to me. Promise I'll listen." I wipe the tears with my thumb, only for him to shut his eyes, making more spill out. "You can be yourself with me." I ask gently, searching his eyes for answers.

He stays quiet for a few seconds, taking deep breaths and steadying his rhythm. That all goes to waste when he starts to speak again, "Nonna," His voice is so quiet and forced, it makes my heart ache. He doesn't complete his sentence, though.