⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁴⁴☽⋅─────•↟⋆

This chapter kind of broke me. I am unwell.

~~~

Blaire

In a flash, all I could see was complete red. My whole vision, peripherals, and all, red. All I saw was red as I pressed my lips together in the heat of the moment and smacked him hard across the face, resulting in a resounding slap in the sudden quietness in the vicinity. Everything's suddenly so silent, unlike a minute ago. It felt like even breathing was too loud, even though there's an abundance of noises in the street. But all was silent, right in this moment as I stood in front of him, not even recognising him.

His jaw ticks as he turns to look at me, hand on his jaw as it rolls. He's silently fuming. Though not nearly as angry as I am. It literally feels like my blood is bubbling with pure rage. I feel like my skin is melting off, but all I care about is how red his cheek is.

How happy I am that the cause of the redness and the sting he feels right now.

Twenty minutes prior...

Orlando, after standing in front of his car for what seems like five minutes, hops into the car with no words toward me at all. He seems much calmer now, more than before, but I don't even look at him to check if my assumptions are true.

I watch as the trees pass, letting the trees after them appear before repeating the cycle as we drive past. I think about how relatable that is. Not being a tree, just passing by. Every tree represents a task or situation in our eventful lives. They'll pass whether you like it or not. Even if you think it will never pass, you'll never get over it.

Life will go on, and we, too, will get over it to look back at it and laugh at how much time we spent thinking about it.

Good moments, bad times, heartbreak, loss and opportunities. They all fade with time, some take longer, some pass with the same speed as a little sparrow in the wind.

With a blink of an eye, it's gone.

The problems between me and Levi will pass. Whether we end up as friends, enemies or even strangers. This is going to end someday, grow to be just a painful memory just like many others in my life. I won't have to deal with the stress of it all anymore someday.

That thought brings a somewhat decent amount of relief to me. We wouldn't stay like that forever. Surely, things will pass and people will be forgiven.

Hopefully.

Dreadfully accepting the fact that I'll only know the answer to this with the passage of time, I lean closer to the window and I rest my head on it. In all honesty, I'm sort of looking forward to see him despite the nervous knot in my stomach that keeps increasingly growing with each passing minute.

It has always been that way. No matter how I felt, my excitement with the mere thought of him never went away as soon as I saw him for the first time. When I found out he was nonna's grandson, I was sort of more excited about my visits to her place. Not to mention how much time I'd spend so I would look good. I wanted him to think I was somewhat good looking.

Like I was the brightest, prettiest flower in the field.

It had been a necessity back then. To look pretty, for him. But with time, I cared less about my appearance. Because he doesn't comment on it, always looking at me like i had wanted whether I look like a wreck or not. Prettiest and the brightest, always. It always made me feel giddy, making my heart swell so much. It's this side of Levi that xalms me down a tad bit. How can such a nice person turn so fast? It isnt right. Somewhere, deep inside, i hope he finds it in himself to forgive me.