⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁰⁹☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

That was painful, and most definitely embarrassing. I met the guy yesterday and I got hurt like three times in front of him. That's a world record right there.

I get to the top of the stairs with newfound relief and disappointment. I never felt disappointment after lying, just because I'm protecting my loved ones and I shouldn't feel guilty for that. But Levi made me feel disappointment for the first time in myself. I've been lying for two years now and not once has it affected me. But there's something about that damn man's opinion that makes me want to rip my characteristics into shreds and reorder them in perfect sequence. It could be just my over dramatic side talking and taking over my thoughts.

And he could be right.

I have no idea where my relief is stemmed from. I think it's partially Levi's fault for having such an intimidating gaze. It could be the fact that I just fell in front of him like a sack of sprouted potatoes. Both seem pretty logical and possible so it could be any of them really.

I see nonna exit a room and I smile at her widely. "The television is this way." She sighs, leading me to the room opposing the one she just exited. She opens the door with ease, twisting the copper doorknob that has a keyhole right in the middle of it and pushes it with minimal force. That was all it took for the door to swing open and bump in the sidewall.

She walks in first and takes my hand with immense tenderness, as if she's afraid I'll crack like a porcelain mannequin. I stare at our hands for a brief second, just cherishing the feeling before I'm left alone to wallow in my sorrow with no human contact for the rest of my dreadful day. Nonna does have pretty soft hands if you ask me, so just for the feeling of it, I rub my thumb across the meaty part of her palm twice or thrice before she pulls away. I frown immediately and I look up at her face.

"Stop being weird, Blaire." She says with a hint of seriousness, but then chuckles which utterly confuses me on whether she's serious or not.

I apologize regardless, "sorry," I give her an awkward, tiny, tight-lipped smile and she nods. I lower my head a bit, feeling a little ashamed that I creeped her out. "It's alright deary. I was just joking. I'm weird myself anyway." She lifts my head up by my chin, hooking her index finger under it sort of and looks at me with a smile of warmth. She brings her face closer and kisses me on the cheek with the same tenderness as before. She pulls away and the smile that decorated her face was replaced with a look of regret. "I'm sorry about earlier, Blaire. If I had known that you don't like physical contact, I wouldn't have touched you." Her voice is dripping with guilt.

"Physical contact is my favorite thing ever." I admit with a sheepish grin, "it's how I show my love anyway." I shrug nonchalantly. "it's just that I have a bruise on my back that hurts." I use the same excuse as I used with Levi, seeing that it's just the perfect thing to clear my image.

Nonna's eyes face the floor for a second and an almost disappointed 'mhm' is heard as she nods a little. "Alight dear, I'm out of here. Cookies shouldn't take me long. Do you want me to bring you lunch or are you gonna join us at the table?" She asks, walking up to the door and turning around just to clarify that her words are directed to me despite us being the only two in the room.

"No it's fine, I'll just fetch something from the fridge if I get hungry. I'm okay nonna." I nod with eagerness, just wanting to finally have some sleep.

"I'll make sure no one disturbs you." And with that, she leaves and closes the door behind her. An unforeseen sigh leaves me as if I had been waiting for her to leave in spite of my utter liking for her presence. Which is not true, I'm just tired and I want some nice quality time with myself and myself alone.