⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁴⁰☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Lando

We ate our pizza in silence. Bee because I'm sure the gears in her brain are still working and me because I don't want to confuse her more by talking.

It was the most terrifying night of my life. My mother doesn't know. No one does. Except Bee. I wasn't scared of her reaction, never was. I kept this from her because I didn't want her to be involved in this side of the world. The side where it's either kill or get killed. Her reaction was never a problem, at least not the biggest on my mind. Because she's practically my sister, I was sure she'll understand. But now that she knows, I'll have to make sure no one finds out she knows. Or else this could be a huge problem.

An absolutely massive one.

I can't react on her secret -the one she definitely should've told me about- because I've kept an even bigger one from her for three years. But there are two things I'm certain about. It's that neither Jake or Zion are going to see the daylight again. Not under my watch. Jake crossed a huge line by forcing Blaire into something like this. Good thing she was smart enough to deal with it for now before telling me.

Now, it's my turn to deal with it.

It's mind-blowing how I'm just now finding out about this. Zion was a great father, or that's what I always witnessed. I never saw him after Alyssa's death. I think she's the one who kept him at bay. She was a great mother, my second one for sure. She always called Blaire "Bee". That's where I got her nickname from. Before her mom died, I called her that all the time. She never said anything about it, so I continued even after Alyssa's death. We both mourned her death together. Just like everything.

I'm beyond livid at my discovery. The fact that she neglected to tell me that she's been abused for two years, fearing the aftermath of what will happen to her father. I understand it's a hard situation to be in, but she doesn't exactly do anything wrong. Like at all. She's the epitome of an angel from heaven. So the fact that she thinks she'd done something that deserved these kinds of punishments makes me enraged. It should've been clear he's mentally ill, but I guess you don't exactly see that when it's your father.

Burn mark.

This should've definitely been a wake up call for her, but I guess she didn't wake up yet. I'll force her out of her damn coma if I have to.

I thought she truly liked jake, that's why she was with him. She denied any feelings for that Levi chick. But now that I know that was an attempt at hiding the fact that jake was bothering her, she could possibly still have feelings for that Levi.

To be honest, I want to meet him. She deserves to be happy after so long. I never saw her truly happy before. I can't force her into a relationship, but surely, I can investigate. And maybe usher her toward him if things are all good. She deserves some good in her life, maybe he'll be able to do that.

If he's a decent dude, I'll make sure of it.

"I should head home. It's getting too late." I hear her say, snapping my focus back to her. "What?" I heard her the first time, but I was just making sure my ears didn't betray me.

"I should go home now. It's almost eleven thirty." She nods toward the clock. I frown, glancing at it. Eleven twenty-three pm. I look at her again, wondering if she's serious. "Are you serious?" I ask, not trying to be rude, but being actually dumbfounded. I didn't think she'd even think I'd let her go back.

To my utter surprise, she nods, clearly not seeing why I'd think she was joking.

I laugh, "Bliare, you are not going home." I shake my head. Her brows draw together in perplexity. "Why not?" She asks. "I can't stay here, you barely have a bed in your room. Plus, i can'tsteal your clothes like that."