⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁵⁷☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

Kicking off my shoes next to the door, I turn and switch on the lights. The second I look forward, someone is throwing themselves at me. I don't even notice I'm screaming as I lower my hand and hug them back, squeezing the daylight out of them.

"Oh my! What are you doing here?!" I can't help the cracks in my voice, seeing as she's also squeezing the daylight out of me.

Said squeezer pulls back with an exuberant expression on her face. "Happy birthday, Bee!"

It takes longer than I would have wanted to absorb the words that are spilling out of her mouth like a waterfall. With everything happening lately, I totally forgot my own birthday is tomorrow!

Which is today, giving that its exactly 12:02.

I always celebrated that with my parents, but ever since I was left with one parent, I don't bother treating the day I was brought into the world as anything but a random day of the year.

The fact that they remembered me before I remembered myself brings happy tears in my eyes, blurring my vision of the awesome girl in front of me.

"You came," I laugh, tears still brimming my waterlines. She joins me, laughing and bringing me in for another hug. "I don't have two best friends, you know."

"Wait, wha-"

Just then my attention goes back to the rest of the people in the house-two people actually. One I came here with and the other holding my freaking birthday cake. Behind him are all kinds of strings and balloons, there's even a pile of wrapped boxes on the dining table.

God, I've never loved hugs as much as I do now.

"I can't believe you guys actually did all this." I can hear the smile in my voice and I love it so much. I love when I smile so hard, my cheeks feel on fire. I love laughing until my stomach starts to ache. I love it when both of these things are mixed together to give you the best memories there is to be.

I hadn't realized how truly I'd been missing it until today.

"Just to be sure, what flavor is this cake?" I point to the one with beige fondant and yellow fondant bees on it.

"Biscoff." Orlando says proudly.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

"You guys didn't have to." I say as I admire the living room that's full of yellow and silver decorations. Side note: my favorite color is yellow.

Orlando rolls his eyes, smiling. "Shut up, I know damn well that you love every single thing about this."

Oh I really, really do.

⭒🜲⭒

I stare at the cake, struggling to decide whether to favor my taste buds or my screaming stomach. At this point, we drank sodas, ate some cake, watched my favorite movie ever (Mulan) and even ate some popcorn. The night went on gracefully and with lots of joy. I'm still smiling, remembering every single perfect detail of today.

Nance brought me all kinds of things from everyone she went before she came here. From mugs to blankets with little daisies on it. Her gifts are very thoughtful, unlike Lando.

He bought me the same thing he buys every year; a plushie. He's original that way—that's not really the reason, he kind of always gets brain farts when it comes to birthdays.

Dont get me wrong, it's not by choice. He's been forced to get me the same thing ever since we were kids.

One time, he screwed up real bad when he bought me a pet snake for my 13th birthday, only because I'd mentioned I wanted one once.