⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁵⁵☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire's POV

I try almost everything in the park thrice. Ecstatic. My mood literally went from moping and "feeling trapped in my own mind" to 'I can't get any happier than right now.' But there's this one I won't try for the life of me. The steep pool. I'd skated in it before, and broken my arm really badly when I was 12. I swore I won't get near one again, but the high from all of my excitement is making me question my previous decisions as a twelve year old.

I'm far more skilled now. Maybe I can try it out.

This place is closed, no one can come in or out without being noticed. Even her, sneakily or not. I know the symptoms of her witchcraft now, so she can't possibly trick me into thinking she isn't here without me feeling the affects. Which put me at ease. I had both boys with me, I need to get used to the feeling of unsafety. Danger will never not be close, I can't lock myself up forever.

One day, it'll be her who turns around frantically, fearing for her life.

I turn to Lando, who's having the time of his life like he might die tomorrow. Skating here and there, not falling once the entire time. It made me kind of jealous. He has vampiric balance, while my human wobbly legs aren't as skilled as his. All the mean while, Levi's sitting on the blue bleachers at the side of the skatepark. Enjoying a small pack of skittles like the mama bear he is. It reminds me of the time I'd given him that skittle in the car. How every little touch of his made my body hot like I was near a volcano.

It amazes me how far we'd got and I still feel the same, if not more intensely.

He catches me staring at him, and I realize I'd been smiling faintly. So I decide to say something. "Why don't you come and try this one out?" I point to the pool I'd been avoiding.

If he falls, then I definitely will. I want to make sure I'm not digging my own grave first.

His nose scrunches a bit as he chews a green skittle. "I'd rather watch, actually."

"Oh, is little Levi scared he'll fall?" Orlando taunts, skating past the both of us.

"Let me see you try it first, smarty-pants." Levi retorts, looking bored.

Sometimes, they're more childish than 8 year olds.

"Watch and learn, grandpa." Lando swerves his skateboard towards the pool, gracefully turning and skating like he was born on a skateboard. A few swerves later and a couple teasing grins toward Levi, his phone rings with a notification, making his attention immediately go to it, hence, sliding of the skateboard and landing on his back.

Levi barks out a loud laugh, meanwhile Orlando just pulls out his phone and texts with a silly, goofy smile on his face, like he didn't just receive a harsh fall on his spine.

"Who's that you're texting?" I narrow my eyes, sliding in the pool, approaching him. "You okay?" I sit down on his skateboard, mine in my hand.

"Huh- what?" He inquires, still face glued to his phone. I raise a suspicious eyebrow. I shoot for his phone only for him to throw it out of my reach, then speeding to catch it. "I need privacy." He scowls before texting back in it, his scowl turning back to his lovesick smile.

"What the-" He holds up a hand, interrupting me.

He puts his phone in his pocket, grinning a little. "Aight guys, I've had so much fun. Thank you for your hospitality and the kindness you've shown me but I really must go-"

"To hell, hopefully-"

"No really, I insist. I have matters to deal with, you can't cling to me like that. I can't stay, though I can come back soon." In a flash, he was gone, leaving his skateboard only to come back a second later, grabbing it from under me, and disappearing again.