Home

Alisha

It had been three days since Dimitri woke up in Washington DC. As Lauren and I were expecting, he had made us condition every day and made sure he saw what we were doing through FaceTime that evening. He got a discharge the next day, and we boarded a flight home within two hours. 

Mumbai was where we were now. 

A lot had happened while on the plane home. The girl had been caught, and although she didn't really confess, which we didn't expect her to, she had been foolish enough to be overconfident. She hadn't destroyed the chemical, which was found at the place she was hiding. The problem was, it could be used to put her in jail, but we still had no proof against the man behind it. And the cops were helpless without evidence. 

The situation was just fine now. We new the codes that were sent out were meant for her, but there was no way to prove it. Deciphers were onto it, and they were trying their best, but it took some serious effort to solve codes in most cases. The only good news was that the activity had stopped and we could breathe a little. 

And in other news, my brothers were all going to be home today. There was a award show that they all were supposed to attend, and therefore could spend a day or two in Mumbai. Arbaaz and Malaika were going to stay with us for a few days as well, seeing how security here could be tighter. They avoided sending Arhaan to school, which was fine since play school didn't quite have a minimum attendance requirement. Whereas I had to go, since we needed to maintain a minimum attendance and grade according to USAG requirements. 

The bottomline was, my entire family was going to be home. And as Malaika had reminded me, I was still to tell them about Adrian. 

I was in the theatre, watching a movie alone while trying to complete a literature assignment. As much as I loved Oscar Wilde and his sarcastic take on our society, today was just not the day to think about the deeper meaning and dwell on its relevance in modern times. 

"They're at the airport, they'll be here in an hour." Tyson came into the theatre. I knew he simply needed a reason to keep a watch on me, but the news he brought was worth it. I felt a tinge of happiness, just for a moment, before the nervousness set it again.

I had to tell them about Adrian. None of them knew what was up with us, they had all just assumed we were going low profile and I needed my own space. I did often escape into a world of mine, and he respected that. Everyone in my family did. But right now, I needed my boyfriend - my ex boyfriend - but I couldn't call him up. I had lost him. 

Tyson sat next to me with his fat book. We were the only people on planet Earth who would come sit in a personal theatre to read books. Chuckling, I decided to concentrate on what was on my hands and use the age old technique of avoidance. 

Before I could complete act three of Oscar Wilde's genius play, a familiar hand covered my eyes. 

"Sohail." I smiled, recognising him by the hard, fat fingers. He kissed my cheek and picked me up into a warm hug. Somehow, he continued to hug me while walking me out of the theatre and into the lawn. 

I could hear commotion around me, but it felt good to just close my eyes and sit with Sohail. I knew there was a barbecue being set up from all the noise and the chipper voices around the house. Salman's voice boomed, calling Arhaan downstairs. Malaika was talking to Arbaaz, sitting close to Sohail and I. 

"Pixie, my baby." Salman took me into his lap and I snuggled into his hug. If there was any hug I missed the most, it was Salman's. He had those warm bear hugs that would heal everything. 

"It's fine. Everything is just fine, I promise. I have some good news." he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, and cupped my face so I looked directly into his eyes. Just in a moment, he could see the secrets hidden behind them. He didn't have to ask, I knew he knew by the way he looked at me, by the way his jaws stiffened and the way he kept holding on to me.