Only an hour?

Alisha

I was sitting in the theatre room watching ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ to get my mind off the drama haunting my life. Mason was in jail, soon to be appear in the court of law. He would get at least ten years in jail, if not more. Lauren was getting all the support from around the world, and she back getting back to her life. She stuck a perfect landing on beam today, and smiled at her victory. It was one of those innocent, worry free smiles I had almost forgotten about.

She said she was over Nate. They had never been very close, never into each other. He being a jerk was the end of it, and happily so. She didn’t need a guy like him, she deserved much better and she knew that. So for her, it was almost good.

For me? Well, I wasn’t the one who was supposed to be in pain. But I was alone, and I wanted to have someone in the house but everyone was so busy working. Sohail was in the office still, reviewing plans for the next year. Arbaaz and Malaika were working on their new movie, and he was also busy directing the movie and promoting it. Salman hadn’t been in touch since three days because of our terrible time clashes. I missed each and every one of them, and so I was watching this movie- with Mike.

“Mickey Mouse, don’t you love the shoes?” I asked, as Anne Hathaway walked in at one particular scene. She was bearing milk brown winter boots, something I would kill for. Well, not really but what was the harm in using a little hyperbole?

“You have stuff just like that.” He grumbled, digging into the popcorn. Mike didn’t really want to be here, with a fourteen year old watching a chick flick. But then he couldn’t see me sulking in the library doing nothing, my mind occupied my mindless melodrama. So he gave in and agreed to accompany me for a movie night before we had dinner and went off to sleep.

“Yeah, but they are be-au-ti-ful.” I emphasized on the word and he shook his head. What was he doing here anyway, an ex-secret service person with a teenager who had nothing better to do than drool over shoes. I pitied his life, but he said he couldn’t possibly have a better job. I bet he was thinking otherwise at this very moment.

“Miss Alisha, you want to get into the car. Like now.” Leo marched in and paused my movie. I frowned at him, wanting to watch Anne Hathaway’s struggle to get the Harry Potter manuscript. My brothers may or may not have done something similar with a Sidney Sheldon book I wanted to read, only that time it was just phone calls they had to make to get the manuscript.

“Um, no. What I want to do is watch the movie.” I pointed out and gestured at the maid to play the movie again. But Leo stood in front of me, fidgeting with his fingers.

“Your brother is here, in Mumbai. You don’t have much time.” Even before he was done talking I jolted right up, and within seconds I was in the Audi with Leo. Wearing the same denim shorts and green top with sneakers, I saw Leo drive me all the way near the International airport. It was buzzing with traffic around, families here to drop and pick up loved ones. People were in big groups, families of two and twenty. There were people in business outfits, with one laptop bag and a luggage cart in front of them. All of them were here to get somewhere, to meet someone.

“He’ll be here any minute.” Leo announced as we reached the arrival terminal for VIPs- which included Diplomats, private jets etc. I could see three peps standing there already, with their cameras ready. I connected my phone to the music stereo of the car, and blasted some ke$ha music. Hopping around in the car restlessly, I waited for Salman to come out of the plane and get into the car.

He finally came out, waved to the paparazzi and let them have a few photos. Not waiting to answer questions, he got into the backseat beside me and kissed me on the forehead.