Damn, Dimitri

Alisha

Somewhere at the end of the edit, I fell asleep on Arbaaz's lap. He had covered my petite body with his jacket and had continued to work. I was guessing that even he fell asleep after his job was done. That's how we both woke up the next morning. Huddled on the couch, woken up by the security.

Apparently, during the night, all the hell broke loose. The media had information relating to what happened, and had complete stories. It was about time my rant went online. It was the first thing I did, even before going to my room to get ready to leave. I put the video for upload. My YouTube channel was not very popular, nor was it filled with videos. It had a few, a gymnastics montage, trailers of movies, goofy videos we uploaded. No rants, nothing. But now, here I was.

"Hey, Lauren." I smiled at her during breakfast. We had agreed to meet up at the buffet, with Dimitri and the lawyer. She smiled back at me, and I mentally sighed out of relief. One of my biggest fears was that she wouldn't be able to handle the pressure and the aftermath, but she was doing amazing.

Dimitri was the one we were both worried about. He was blaming himself for taking us both to the place that he did, and for leaving us both alone. He would never show it, but he was extremely protective and caring of us. And especially after how Mason treated Lauren, he couldn't deal with people hurting us in any way.

A lot of time was spent at the private table discussing available options and tactics, but we decided to not use any external powers to get this investigation rolling. It was in the news already, and they had enough pressure on them. The lawyers, including Roo's dad, assured us that there was nothing to worry about here, that we had everything in place and nobody could legally point a finger at us.

By this time everyone had called or texted Lauren and I, supporting us, apologising. Most people were ashamed of how things turned out, and offered us all possible help. Surprisingly, the mayor of the city had called us and promised to look into the matter, which meant a lot. At the same time, I couldn't help but think - would all of this support still be there if I wasn't a celebrity's sister?

Salman had obviously called me up as soon as he knew, and had gotten extremely mad at Mike for leaving me alone. I had to calm him down to explain what had happened, and that it was unacceptable. In a way, it was best that he wasn't there. Those men targeted us, and that was possibly the reason they were now being hunted down by the cops. As much as Salman understood, an irrational part of him was still mad.

By afternoon, it was time for Arbaaz to leave. Lauren, Dimitri and I would be staying at Atlanta for a month and a half now, for Olympics training. We'd be staying at the national camp starting next week, but going to LA and coming back in three days made no sense. Instead, we chose to stay at the same hotel and, in fact, in a four bedroom suite to make life easier for everyone.

"I love you. And take care." I hugged Arbaaz at lobby exit. Paparazzi was out in large numbers, and there was no way I was going to give them the juicy tit bits. It was best I stayed inside the fortress.

It was late afternoon. We had trained, without Dimitri today. We had our lunch, all in silence. The media was giving a mixed reaction to this recent controversy, but my social media was buzzing with support. Everyone wanted a word from Lauren, but she chose to stay silent. I respected that. The cops came to us, or rather, the head of Police. He apologised to us and told us that the cops we had to deal with were suspended until further investigation took place. They also had a huge force hunting those men down. It looked like it was going to be okay.

It was all okay, and we were in our room. Dimitri hadn't made conversations with us, besides making sure we were physically unhurt. We called him, and he refused to answer. He refused to open the door to his room. He was either ignoring us, or wasn't in his room. So, we decided to stay outside in the hallway until he opened the door or came back from wherever the hell he was. Turns out, he wasn't in the room the entire time. He walked out of the elevator in his gym clothes, and he was dripping in sweat. He had been working out more than what is normal or safe, something we both knew wasn't a great sign. Dimitri did ten to vent out his anger in the gym. What's worse, he had a half empty bottle of alcohol in his hand.