Rio De Janeiro

Alisha

There was no other excitement like that of leaving for the competition you've waited for all your life.

It was 3 am in the morning, and the assistants were making sure everyone had what they needed. We were all up and ready, showered and dressed in team USA jackets. They were much better than what the last team had gotten, and nothing could describe the pride we felt wearing them.

An USAG personnel was present, making sure we knew what to do and not to do while we were on our way to Rio. Of course some would accompany us, but that didn't stop them from lecturing us about how to behave. We all listened, while fixing our eye liners and lip gloss. Yes, it was the first time we were going to debut these jackets. And it was important, apparently, to look good. And we couldn't deny it - we wanted to look presentable for this.

We could hear the guy losing their minds outside and giggled. Dimitri came in, wearing team USA jacket and I smiled. He was the guy USAG had kicked out, and now couldn't operate without. I was so proud of him.

"Let's go. Please do not forget your documents."

I did not. My luggage was already in the bus that was supposed to take us to the airport, and I had my Gucci bag hanging on my shoulder, carrying all my papers. I looked around. All girls were ready, looking at each other, grinning.

"This is it guys. No more horrid food." Sam said and we laughed, while walking out of the dorms. It was 3:30 am by now, and everyone in the camp was awake. The people who had helped us but weren't going to come with us hugged us goodbye. The staff gave us presents and sang a small song wishing us luck. Honestly, I had never felt so bad to leave this camp as I did now.

"Come on guys, we're getting late." an assistant coach escorted us out. What I saw outside blew my mind.

"Alisha, stay in the middle and try to stay alive." Dimitri whispered to me as he went in front of the team, his instinct to protect us kicking in. He walked towards the bus with the banner of USA on it, which made me smile a little bit wider.

The security was trying hard, but the paparazzi had overwhelmed them. They were giving the male gymnasts a hard time making it to the bus, and the flashes blinded them a little. This was quickly resolved the minute they spotted us walking out.

"Girls girls, do you think you can win the Olympics?"

"Did you train well?"

"Did you get action with those hotties?"

I could see Dimitri and some others get extremely uncomfortable with the kind of questions being thrown at young girls, but he knew he couldn't afford to lose him temper now. Thankfully for him, Mike Tyson knew better than relying on USAG's security. They stepped up and made way for not only me, but everyone in the team and the staff. I mouthed them a thank you before I got into the bus.

I hadn't spoken to them yet, but since the media had nothing but rumours that were already starting to be forgotten about, my anger was evaporating away. It would take a while, but we would be fine.

They both smiled and helped the other girls get in unharmed.

"Whoa. Some people need to calm their tits." a guy noted and I laughed, agreeing. The paparazzi were going overboard with this.

It wasn't just the sports media present, but also the page 3 enthusiasts who just wanted gossip. Nothing could be worse, but as Lauren later stated, the more attention we get, the better. Only, this was getting out of hand.

I could see the cars following the bus, and the driver was freaked out my now. He was a sixty something year old guy who wasn't used to twenty something cars chasing him on the highway at night. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do about it. I said sorry, multiple times, but the team assured me I had nothing to be sorry for.

Intertwined - Tangled series (Overprotective famous brothers)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara