Safety Issues

ARBAAZ

Lizzie fell asleep soon after having early dinner and medicines. The doctor had warned us that it was a strong dosage and she’d spend about twelve hours sleeping, so her body could heal quicker. It was good to see her face in peace at last, as I pulled the cover up to her chest and breathed slowly.

“Arbaaz, we’ve a meeting in my suite.” Sohail came in, and I followed him outside. Ruth had employed two security guards outside her room, and very few people were even allowed on this particular floor of the hotel. I had taken permission from the USAG to let Lizzie stay with us instead of the hotel they had chosen, which was low on security. They had agreed in minutes, not wanting to take any more risks in the future.

“’Ssup?” I sat down on the couch next to Malaika, who was busy playing on the iPad. Sohail dragged a chair next to Salman, who was sitting on the bean bag. Sean and other security guys were scattered around the room, planting their butts on the kitchen stools to the bean bags.

“The last few weeks have been a security nightmare.” Sean started off, and I smirked internally. Of course it was about our security.

“One guy reached close to Salman, with a knife in his hand. Thank God we caught him in time, but this is unacceptable. Who the hell told you to get down at Wal-Mart for shopping?” he asked and Salman looked down at his shoes. Only I, Sohail and Malaika knew about this incident, along with a few other security guys. None of the other family members of friends knew, simply because we didn’t want to cause any unnecessary tension.

“Won’t happen again.” Salman mumbled, not liking this. None of us loved to have guys with guns around us all the time, but the fame we got forced us to have tight security.

“And Malaika?” Ruth came besides her, handing her a letter, “We recently got this.”

We read the shabby letters together, Malaika’s face going pale. She crumbled and threw the paper away, grabbing Arhaan close to herself. The man, whoever he was, demanded a million dollars instead on Arhaan’s life.

“Any leads?” I asked as Salman read the paper too, mumbling curses under his breath.

“We’re close, he’s mostly bluffing. But just to be safe, I suggest one of you stays with him all the time with security. And avoid public places.” Ruth placed a hand on Malaika's shoulder and she nodded, stroking Arhaan’s hair. As a mother, it was natural for her to freak out when it came to her first and only son. But she was a tigress, she could go to any extend to protect her cub from danger.

“What happened yesterday…” Sean started off after a moment, and all out heads snapped up. Lizzie had been lucky to survive, lucky she wasn’t paralyzed or in coma. All of this, because of one paparazzo wanting a picture of her tumbling.

“Sean,” Salman clenched his jaw to refrain from yelling, “Get me the entire biography of that bastard, and tell the lawyer I want a strong case against him. Sue him, file all the charges possible. I swear I will make him regret what he did.”

Alright, I admit I was protective of Lizzie. I could not see her hurt, I hated to see her in the condition she was in right now. Even Sohail did, he loved her a lot too. But Salman? He had a connection with Lizzie on a level very few people understood. He was her brother, father, guardian angel. She was the reason he was the person he was right now, she was the reason he fought through all the tough times. Sometimes it felt like he lived for her, all he wanted was to see her happy. And anyone who hurt his little angel in the slightest of the way was a blood sworn enemy for him.

“That guy,” Tyson started off, “I found he’s been a pain in the ass for many. Chased JLo when she was on a holiday with her twins, almost caused an accident.”