Mike Tyson kind of violence

Alisha

To my surprise, nobody had tried to sneak in. Not my ex boyfriend. Not my father. Nobody was trying to get into the camp or into my life, and I couldn't complain.

After talking to Salman, I spoke to many friends and all of them told me one thing - to put it behind me. There was no use pondering over it, so might as well focus on the Olympics. I had a lifetime for boy drama, but only two week until we left for the Olympics. Our tickets to Rio De Jenerio were in our hands, and today was the day GK officials came in with our leotards and kits. Olympics leotards.

"You think they'll add what we wanted them to?" Britanny asked. It had been awkward at first between us, with her being the substitute, but she was finally accepting that none of this was in ur hands. She wasn't happy, but she no longer blamed us and was back to the group.

"They better. I love my sparkle." Cristina added. That was exactly what we'd told them. We were fifteen and sixteen year olds here. Add sparkle. Make it stand out, make it beautiful, make us feel glorious if you wanted the gold. The need for gold must have convinced them, we told ourselves. Until now, while we sat in the sad excuse of a conference room, waiting for the officials to turn up.

"You girls and your sparkle." Dimitri sighed and we giggled. We all knew he actually loved to see us the performance mode, and if that took a ton of sparkle over us, he'd make sure we had it.

After waiting for another twenty something minutes, the officials walked in with annoyed expressions.

"Some bulky men insisted on having a small check of the boxes." one guy, Aaron noted. I looked down, mad at both Mike and Tyson. They had been freaking out since yesterday night and they were the third set of people who told us that they were an inconvenience. The USAG wasn't too pleased and had even called up Salman, since he was my legal guardian. And he had, as expected, showed them evidence and convinced them that the security was necessary so their gymnast didn't lose her mind or life.

I told him later, that he should have been a lawyer. He managed to manipulate the most manipulative bunch of people I knew.

"Girls, I hope this amount of glitter is enough to satisfy your juvenile needs."

Samantha darted her face towards the official, but before she could protest, Dimitri put a hand on her shoulder and spoke for all of us,

"Let's not forget that these juveniles are the reason your sales are boosting. Tell them to quit wearing your leotards and..."

He left his sentence hanging. It was true. All of us trusted GK with our gymnastics apparel, but there were others we could use. Most people bought GK apparel because we used them, because they saw the logo while we performed. The minute the elites shifted to Nike or Adidas, it would be a problem for them.

The girls had a quick try of their leotards. Since we were an especially lazy bunch, the men left the conference room and we changed right there. The leos fit all of us perfectly, and the others we were sure were just right. To the credit of GK, they had given perfectly matching bands and hair ties and what not. I was proud of the team putting this together, because for once, we wouldn't have to hunt for our own stuff.

"The bag is amazing." I gleamed at the official to ease the tension. He smiled at me, nodding.

It indeed was beautiful. It wasn't flamboyant in any way, but there was a certain charm to it. It felt light and was made up of a good material, the stitch was firm, and most of all, the colors of the USA made us all proud of carrying it. They had gone ahead to add the Olympics logo as well, making us feel even more proud to be holding it.