Sass Queen

Alisha

It was about 8 pm when someone handed me my phone, which had been left in the office the other day. Sadly, it was smashed.

"I may have caused that." Salman admitted and grabbed some more noodles. The staff here was extremely gracious. While checking up on our documentation and codrditaing with the judiciary and the ministries in both the countries, they also got us noodles and gravy to eat, and honestly I was starving.

"The doctor is here." Elena, one of the assistants of the director general escorted a man in. He was Indian, but he was by far one of the hottest men I'd seen in my entire life. He had a jawline that could cut my palm and muscles protruding through his shirt, which was rolled up. He smiled and sat down next to me, introducing himself,

"Hello, Miss Khan. I'm Dr. Steph." He shook my hand, and I smiled right back at the man,

"Please, call me Alisha, or Lizzie." he nodded and got right down to business. Honestly, if I wasn't this exhausted with the day's event, I would be straight out flirting with this man who was clearly double my age. Instead, I just lifted my shirt so he could inspect the damage that was done, and see if there was anything to worry about.

"Any nausea?" He asked me, while gently touching the bruises. I flicked at his touch too, and Salman held my hand.

"None. It hurts but the painkillers helped." he nodded and looked at the marks on my hand and then looked back at me, with just pity. And that itself turned down his hotness quotient by half.

"You're lucky you have strong muscles. And I'm so sorry for what happened." he prescribed some tests to be done at ease in a day or two, but he concluded they were just preventive measures and that he thought there was no internal bleeding or organ damage. These wounds were largely limited to my muscle, and the cuts weren't that deep and they'd fill up in a couple of days with the right medicine and diet. He also said he would include the fact that these marks were physically inflicted hours before the accident, and make sure the judiciary had more evidence to keep that man away from him. I thanked him, and he left giving me another pitiful smile.

"Wow, so much pity. Whatever happened to the 'hey-you-rock-for-escaping'?" I rolled my eyes and Salman laughed. He knew I had been checking the doctor out, and was probably glad he had to do absolutely nothing to make it stop.

It was 1 am, and I was asleep. I was on the couch, with my head on Salman's lap. Being petite helped me, because all of my body fit on the couch and I could fall asleep rather easily. And maybe it was the pain killers and the medicines, maybe it was the utter lack of sleep in my life, but I had no dreams. Not that I remembered any, before I woke up at 1 am and snapped right up, sweating.

"He may have made sexual comments. About us being similar and curly hair. I don't know, I don't know but it made me feel so, so vulnerable. His hands were ready to grope and his eyes never once saw me in a way that a father looks at his daughter."

And I cried. I hadn't even completely processed the things said, all I was trying to do was be in a denial mode for the rest of my life. But I knew it wasn't possible, because it was one carved in my memory. Those eyes, the way they hovered around me, the way he spoke about me and my mother and seeing pain the the beautiful face. I couldn't get it out of my mind and so the tears came. And I cried.

"Hey, hey, shush love." Salman took me on his lap and he slowly rocked me. I held on to the collar of his shirt as he slowly whispered into my ears, that we had almost won the battle here as well, that he couldn't get me ever again, that he'd made a huge mistake and the entire world knew what an animal he was. Everyone knew, and there was no way he would ever get custody of me. If anything, he'd go back in jail.