My brother's idea of recovery

Alisha

In all the mess, I had almost forgotten about Salman’s call a minute ago. Sohail reminded me and escorted me to the waiting black SUV, as the chauffeur opened the door for me.

“Love you.” He kissed my forehead and waved to me as we drove in the opposite direction to the hotel.

“Miss, I’m your chauffeur for the evening, Mason.” I flinched at the name, but I could see he wasn’t remotely close to the sadistic Mason I knew. What’s in a name, right?

“Hey,” I internally slapped myself for being so dumb and making him awkward, “where are we going?”

“That is the one thing I can’t reveal miss, sorry.” He looked dead in front, keeping an eye on one paparazzi car following us closely. They didn’t get enough of annoying me lately, did they? He was cutting lanes and trying to overtake vehicles to get as close to us as possible.

“Alright…do we have a stereo in here?” I asked and he tried not to chuckle.

“State of art.” He put on some songs and I instantly knew what he meant by ‘state of art’. The music blasted from all sides, like I was in a room full of speakers. The clarity amazed me, and within moments I was humming along with Avril Lavigne.

I looked outside to see the beach speed past towards my right. What were we doing here? Salman wasn’t dumb enough to have an evening out at the beach, his fans would create a stampede the minute they spotted him.

We pulled into one of the lanes, and then took some turns till we reached an almost deserted area of the city. The dock area. Before I knew it, we came to a halt and Mason opened the door for me. The paparazzo came to a screeching halt behind our car, getting down without shutting his engine. He clicked rapid photos and I shielded my eyes against the flashes. They caused the dizziness to grow, I held the car so I didn’t stumble down.

“Excuse me, please leave us alone.” I heard Salman’s voice and looked up a little to find him talking to the paparazzo.

“Mr. Khan, where are you going?” he asked and Salman sighed, giving up the hopes of convincing the paparazzo to leave in peace. He came over to me and the flashes went on again. I heard Sean at first talking, and then barking at the paparazzo. In the end, terrified of a police interfering in the matter, he left.

“You are the boss.” I saluted him and he smirked at me.

“So…why are we here?” I asked Salman and he spread his arms at me.

“A hug first? Please?” he gave me the puppy dog eyes. No, he wasn’t supposed to be the one giving me puppy dog eyes. That was supposed to be my birth right, but I sucked at those. And here he was, my adult, responsible brother, melting me with that look.

“Cheater.” I mumbled, as he embraced me into the bear hugs. It was warm, protective. Something I had craved for since weeks.

“Pixie, I love you. A lot. Sometimes, I want to be there but can’t. And I’m sorry for that.” I felt his chest vibrate and I knew from the hushed tone that he was genuinely sorry. I wasn’t mad at him anymore, I had understood he had a reason for not being there. He worked so hard so his, and ultimately my dreams, came true. He worked hard to keep my family happy and content.

“I know, and I love you more.”

“I love you most.” He ruffled my hair and pulled away.

“As for why we’re here.” He pointed at a yatch parked at the end of the dock.

“We’re going into the ocean?” I asked, sounding dumb. No Alisha, a sarcastic voice inside me said, we’re going to fly in it.