When the past haunts

Alisha

Did I mention that Dimitri was a bad-ass coach? Yeah, I probably did a zillion times. Well, today we all knew why. He made us practice till we didn’t collapse. I hardly made it to the couch, throwing myself on the black leather. I was still in my leo, covered in chalk. Yes, I’ll have to clean up later but that can be looked after. Right now, I needed the freaking couch. 

Grabbing a copy of the newspapers, I frowned to see violence, and only violence all over the headlines. Murder, rape, civil wars, everything but pleasant news covered the front page. Getting the daily tabloid out, I started going through the gossip of the town, laughing my butt off at most of them. At times, I knew exactly what the story was, if there was any. So whenever tabloids cooked up a gossip and it spread like wildfire, I couldn’t help but laugh. 

That’s when I saw her picture in the corner of the front page.

Kat making a comeback

The (ex) queen on Bollywood, who has pretty nasty charges against her is apparently planning a comeback. She will be the lead in a major motion picture, which just may be her pass to winning her fans back. She denied all allegations against her, saying she was framed by others who were jealous of her success. 

Well Kat, your own sister spoke up against you, so we doubt the framing up thing. 

Also, when the FBI strikes, it is rarely because some actors decided to frame you. But then, who knows? Well, here’s wishing what’s right happens…and honestly, we did miss some sizzle on screen lately, eh?

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.” I snorted, immediately calling up Salman. If there was anyone in the world who could handle this situation, it was him.

Kat was his ex-girlfriend, the one who happened to be so possessive and insecure that she tried to kick me out of the guys’ lives. She tried to ruin Abraaz’s and Malaika’s marriage. She also went on to ruin her younger sister’s life by releasing fake sex videos. That was what we had exposed her for, sexual harassment. Soon, everyone kicked her out of their movies and projects. Then, she disappeared and we could care less. 

Except now, she was back. And we all knew that this was trouble.

Salman, I felt a pang of pity for him. I couldn’t ask him to do something about her; he despised even thinking about her. She had broken his heart on levels unimaginable. I couldn’t drag him into any of it, he had already gone against his love for me once. 

“Hey Aali.” I heard his voice and came back to earth. 

“Uh, sorry, I…I wanted to call, uh, Sohail.” I blabbered, deciding to keep him out of my dramas. I’d handle this with someone else’s help, or on my own. 

“I know she’s coming back.” He whispered, and I sighed. Even know I could hear the strain in his voice when he thought of her. I felt guilt take over me, and decided to end it right there.

“I just saw. But I’m gonna keep her butt out of our lives.” I ended the call, running a hand through my hair. They were a mess from all the sweat and chalk, so I figured I could go shower and also think while I calmed down. Skipping stairs up to my room, I slammed the door shut and went into the washroom. Stripping and stepping into the shower, I stood still as hot water ran over my body. It did indeed sooth my muscle and calm my nerves down. 

It was time to think.

What if she did come back? Then she’d be everywhere, and Salman wouldn’t be able to handle it. If she got the power again, she would try to hunt us down. If she got famous again, it would get difficult to deliver justice. Let’s face it- how many millionaires have to go into the prison? Very few. There was no way she could come back, because if she did, it would leave us all devastated.