Feminazi

Alisha

"Congratulations." I felt two strong arms grab me by the waist and spin me around in the air, and I knew who it was before I was gently placed back on the floor so I could turn around.

"Thank you, Salman."

"Congratulations!" Arbaaz and Sohail chorused, rushing towards me as well. They glared at each other and then made their way towards me, each wanting to beat the other at reaching me. Unfortunately, both of them reach at the exact same moment and kissed me from either side. That was a moment Salman caught on camera.

Lauren was with her father and his girlfriend, huddled with hugs as well. Dimitri was content sitting, talking to some other parents and gymnasts, looking over us patiently. I felt a tinge of guilt, for he was with us and not with his family. But I quickly remembered that he was never extremely close to them, that he preferred it in the States rather than Russia.

The next hour was spent in the same room, talking to people and being grateful for the opportunity that we had. The feeling was yet to sink in, the feeling you get when your greatest dream is about to come true. When you know that everything you worked for for the last decade was about to bear fruit, that your efforts had finally paid back. This was my shot, my only shot, to grab the gold. It was only a step away, and I was determined to grab it.

I reached the hotel at around 6 pm. My family had all dispersed, owing to their schedules and commitments. I didn't stop them, since I knew they wouldn't fancy just looking at me talking to other people. Only Arbaaz was in the kitchen, making himself and Arhaan a little something to eat. He had been at the selections, and had cheered for me as well. However, as soon as I got in, he said congratulations once more and wished me luck. It was that when I knew that no matter what, with a family like this, I could never lose.

"Hey baby girl, you want something?" he asked while Arhaan came to hug me and play with my hair.

"Not really, no. I'm supposed to grab dinner with Dimitri and Lauren." he nodded as I skipped the stairs towards my room. Although I was tired, I couldn't wait for this dinner with those two, especially tonight. We finally had what we all wanted, and it called for a celebration.

Dimitri didn't like fine dining, and Lauren and I weren't in the mood of dressing up much either. After all the work out, wearing high heels wasn't something we both looked forward to. So instead, we decided to go out and around the city, and trying out food at a random place without looking it up. It could go horribly wrong, but none cared. Hardly anything could ruin tonight.

I decided to wear my glimmer shorts and boots along with a loose shirt lightly tucked in. My hair were up in a bun, since the heat outside was unbearable. Yes, it wasn't summer, but it was sure hot. Lauren was ready a little after I was, and we met in the hallway of the hotel. Most girls were celebrating with their families and/or coaches, and we met Cristina on our way downstairs. She smiled and gushed, talking about how she was blessed to be part of this team while telling us how her mother had sold her jewellery to fund her dreams. It was good to know how passionate our team was. It was such an expensive sport, with so many risks and such less chances of being successful, but people were dedicated to it in a manner most didn't understand. Cristina was one of them, and I was happy to be part of a team that recognised her talent.

"Mikey!" I hugged him tight. Surprisingly, I hadn't met him in two days. He congratulated me and Lauren, hugging her as well. She smiled and hopped into the car, immediately starting a conversation with him. I wondered how was it that Mike was so well versed with Roo and vice versa, when I realised we almost lived together nowadays.

"Hey girls." Dimitri smiled, getting into the passenger seat of the rented Audi. He looked dashing in the shirt and jeans, we had to admit.

"Where to?" Mike asked, igniting the engine. He had already told the hotel to open up their back gate so we could exit without the paparazzi following us, and we made our way there.