Friends Time

Alisha

My head was blasting by the time I was up and I fumbled around for the pain killers.

“Oh my God you’re up!” I heard a familiar voice squeal and felt a sudden weight on me.

“Selena I have a broken jaw, don’t crush me.” I mumbled and she got off me, apologizing. Just then Hailie barged through the door and hug-tackled me down. I repeated my dialogue, and she repeated hers.

Both of my friends, childhood friends, were standing in front of me.

“When did you get here?” I asked, and Hailie shrugged,

“Hours ago. But your protective brothers won’t let us shake you up from your sleep.” I laughed and felt pain all over my face. Damn cracks in bones. Hailie helped me get some water and I gulped the pills, hoping they would speed up and the pain would disappear.

“That paparazzo, I’ll rip his head off.” Hailie narrowed her eyes dangerously and that’s when someone else came in the door.

“I’ll just write a song, it’ll ruin him.” Hailie’s dad, Marshall for us, and Eminem or Slim Shady for the world, sat on the edge of my bed.

“Both of you- don’t.” I warned and giggled watching them frown at the exact same time. Hailie was just generally violent but protective, and I was important to Marshall because I was important to his daughter. We had been friends ever since she joined me school, and was a victim of bullying too. We were an unbreakable team, me, Hailie and Selena.

She had spent nights over at my place when he wasn’t around, and I went to her place when nobody from my family was. Sometimes we went over to the Jonas household, sometimes they came over. Selena always hopped around with us, only because she loved meeting new people. Lauren and Kayla met them too, and eventually Amber and Ashley. And we became the huge LA group.

And the story of them becoming friends with my Mumbai pals is a little complicated, so I’ll leave that aside for now…

“But it would make a massive hit!” he replied and I shook my head. He was never this open in front of the public, honestly, he was insecure. He didn’t trust anyone enough in the outside world. With us, people he knew well, he was actually fun to be with.

“Love, I guess you met them already.” Sohail came in through my door with Mike.

“Oh my Mickey Mouse, I missed you.” I gave him a hug and I slumped his shoulders,

“Giggle monster, I missed you too.” That actually did cause me to giggle and everyone shook their heads. Well, they needed to get a life.

“You know what? Get ready. We’re going for ice cream.” Sohail said and I jolted right up and towards my luggage. Yes, it wasn’t all inside the closet yet. That was because I had no time, and others were too scared to disturb my sleep. Everyone who knew me knew that it wasn’t the best idea to wake me up, especially if my head hurt and I felt sick.

I finally wore some short shorts and a one shoulder top, in the mood to dress up today. Getting my pair of flip flops, I slipped them on and came out. Everyone was ready by now, their hair was set and clothes creaseless.

“Just like the old times.” Sohail whispered in my ear and I smiled. He was in high school when I went to school with Hailie and Selena. So sometimes, if there was an occasion or if we had nothing better to do, he would take us out for ice cream.

“Hey girls, mind if I tag along?” Marshall came out his room and I shook my head. He wrapped his hands around Hailie’s shoulder and she snuggled closer into him. Just like me and my brothers, she had to stay away from him for weeks. And whenever they had a chance, they loved to escape the madness and step out into the reality sometimes.