Fights

ALISHA               

It was Monday now, my last day in LA. Today I was going to go to Adrian’s place to hang out with him, to say a proper goodbye till we met again. Yes we would be connected via social networking, but it wasn’t close to be being able to meet every day.

“I can’t wait to meet Nate again.” Lauren sighed. She had missed him and wanted to be there with him after all that happened. I never liked how he looked at her, but then she was utterly in love with him. I could only hope he valued her just as much as she did him.

“Mhmm.” I replied, staring blankly at my left. We were in her car, her dad driving me to Adrian’s house. At the left was out gym, the Sky.

The Sky. Back then, it was my favorite place on Earth. There I learned everything about gymnastics; I spent my childhood here, tumbling on the blue mats. Trevor was our coach then, who abandoned us later. I met Lauren there, I met Kayla there. I even met Amber and Ashley there, who trained in the Sky for only a few weeks and later quit. We remained friends ever since, and now their father was the President of the United States.

“That place was a mistake.” Lauren’s dad mumbled, and I knew where he was coming from. His daughter almost got raped due to that place, it had to be hard on him.

“The Sky wasn’t the mistake dad, Mason was.” Lauren snapped right back at him. She loved the Sky as much as I did, missed it equally. Even though that place had inflicted countless hardships upon us two, we could never hate it. Because it was that place where we found our dreams, we discovered ourselves.

Thankfully for me, I didn’t have to stay in the awkward atmosphere for long. Adrian’s house was close to my gym and his center, which was just opposite the Sky. I got down of his SUV, thanked him and went straight inside.

“Hello sweetie.” Adrian’s dad opened the door for me to come in. He was an ex-navy seal, and definitely looked like one. He was strict, with a tall built and dominating body frame. But on the inside, he was one of the best people you would ever come across- understanding, humble and caring.

“Hello.” I smiled back at him, and went inside. Their house hadn’t changed a bit since I had first seen it about a year ago, it was still bright and welcoming. Rosalie came running down the stairs and hugged me tight.

“Oh my God, why would Mason hurt you? Is that why you made my shift gyms, because he hurt you?” she questioned me right away and I looked at his dad. They hadn’t told her why they were pulling Rosalie away from the best gym in the country. She hated them for that, but now she understood- I think.

“Rose,” I sat her down and called her by her popular nickname, “Mason hurt a lot of girls in a lot worse ways that he hurt me. And your dad, your brother could not risk you getting hurt the way a few other unfortunate girls were.”

Maybe she understood, maybe she didn’t. I wanted to tell her everything, because it was her right to know. But how could I tell her what had happened that night? How could I possibly explain it to this tween about what he did to so many girls, and got away with it? Wouldn’t that crush her innocence like it did mine?

“You’re fine, right?” she inspected my cheek. I smiled, relived inside that she changed the topic.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“Dad, can I go out to Jay’s place for a school project?” she asked, completely forgetting about what we were talking. Not that I minded, I couldn’t talk about it more than this.

“Sure.” He nodded and she practically ran out of the door, her energy levels exploding.

“Hey.” Adrian came downstairs just then, giving me a kiss I was craving for so long. His green eyes looked into me, saw I was still hurt and looked down.