Chapter 41: Combat team

Xu Ning has a younger brother and sister in his family, and the three of them depend on each other for life. Even in times of crisis, they are not as mad as others, using their younger siblings as bait in exchange for food.

But this kind of life is almost unbearable. He is very thin and weak. Although his spirit is good, he knows that his body is already struggling.

A few days ago, the leader changed. For ordinary people like them, they didn't care at all.

After he registered, he was going out to be an apprentice in a repair shop. There is a huge shortage of people there, and he can get six steamed buns a day. It is said that if he have to do water and electricity repairs or carpentry and cement, he will earn more. But his physical fitness is not good.

He was afraid that if he left, there would be problems with his younger brother and younger sister. He no longer believed in anyone, so he had to keep his younger brother and sister under his nose.

The people from the repair shop saw that he was as thin as a telegraph pole, and he was carrying two small children, and frowned.

"It's dangerous here, it's not a place for children to play."

Seeing him so thin, he didn't look like able to work. They all wanted to dissuade him.

Xu Ning said: "I used to do some manual work myself."

He did miniature scenes, restoring scenes from movies. Things have also been exhibited abroad, and before the end of the world, they were also called great gods on the Internet.

Hearing what he said, the repair agency looked him up and down again, and then said: "You try it."

Xu Ning got the job in exchange for food, but he didn't leave, watching the recruiter want to speak and stop.

The other party was a little curious: "What's the matter?"

Xu Ning said: "Can I get for three steamed buns in advance?"

As a big man, he is better able to withstand hunger, but he is afraid that his younger brother and younger sister will not be able to support it.

The other party then scribbled a few notes on the paper, and then asked him to go to the logistics side to pick it up.
"It means that the boss above us is kind."

Food is in short supply these years, who will use the precious food to feed ordinary people. But thanks to this ration, many people can survive. Before Xu Ning came, many people had already received the prepaid food.

Xu Ning thought it would be bad food, but after getting it, he found out that it was freshly steamed miscellaneous grain buns. When he opened the drawer, the scent went straight into his nose.

He got three steamed buns the size of a fist. The eyes of his siblings were all attracted by the steamed buns, and they couldn't recover for a long time.

After he got the steamed buns, he fed some to his brother and sister. The little guy eats very fast. The three of them shared a steamed bun. He knows that people who have been hungry for a long time cannot eat too much at once. He plans to eat small amounts.

The long-lost feeling of comfort in his stomach really brought tears to his eyes.

It feels so good to eat.

Xu Ning still had two steamed buns in his arms, and he never thought he was so rich. He took his younger siblings to the repair shop. There are all kinds of things repaired here, basically to ensure everyone's life. Xu Ning did not lie, he did have manual experience. Although it is a different job, but having a foundation in the crowd is very outstanding.

Seeing this, the master chef of the repair shop directly promoted him to be an assistant. His salary was increased by two steamed buns a day, and he had another serving of seaweed soup with five steamed buns in his pocket at night. He had never been so rich.

When he went back, many people in the building came out to find work. Those who went out on the first day were all people who really couldn't survive. With them exploring the way, everyone's eyes lit up when they saw that those who were really capable brought back the food.

"How is it going over there?"

"Is it difficult to work?"

Not only asked him, many people who went out today, one of the elder sisters was very talkative: "I heard from the manager today, and now I'm working. The recruiting army is responsible for protecting us and killing zombies."

The reason why they dare not go out is because they are afraid of the ferocious zombies. Once someone guarantees their safety, they can come out and engage in production and other work .

"Oh."

The eldest sister said: "I heard that if you join the battle team, everyone can get a bottle of canned fruit."

As soon as she finished speaking, everyone swallowed their saliva.

The recipes for the past year have been poor, and they can hardly even have enough food and clothing, let alone small snacks. Now thinking of the sweet fruits and sugar water in the can, just imagining it can make their tongues salivate.

...
Fang Cheng got the list, and there were more than a thousand people who signed up for the combat team. A total of 500 people passed the final screening.

Canned fruit was distributed on the spot. This time, Xu Liang's deputy was dealt with, his private warehouse was opened, and many good things were confiscated, including these canned fruits. He use to recruit people.

What made Fang Cheng and everyone even more excited was that there was a cannery not far from the foot of the mountain. After the end of the world, it has been abandoned there. During this census, a lot of cannery workers were found. If we recruit some people, the cannery can resume work, and there will be a steady stream of canned food to eat.

It is not easy for the more than 10,000 people under their command to gradually restore order, but they have done a good job.