Chapter 6

Only two or three people could pass through the narrow alley on the set. There, A shoved Ara forward telling her to escape alone, as he had already been stabbed in the lower abdomen during the first fight, so it was impossible for him to keep running. He knew that they were going to get caught eventually if this continued. Rather than saying that he was going to sacrifice himself, it was more accurate to say that he felt that since they had already made it so far, if neither of them survived, they would have died in vain.

"Why are you doing this?" Ara asked.

There were characters who would always cause inconveniences in such a manner, even when they were in the midst of an escape. It might be frustrating for the viewers, but there was a need to unravel the role's current psychological state through this manner, which facial expressions alone could not convey. It was an inevitable scene, as it was a means used to tell the story.

"Because you have to live," A replied.

"Why?"

"Goddamnit, why are you trying to pry even though you already know the answer?!"

A could not give Ara the answer she wanted. Instead, he grabbed the back of Ara's head with his blood-stained hands and kissed her hard. That was their third kissing scene. Due to the unexpected chemistry between A and Ara, it led to the third of their kissing scenes, which had been gradually increasing in number. As a result, A's role went from a minor character, a loan shark, a nobody, to a supporting male character, or possibly a second male lead.

Although it was not entirely accurate to call him the second male lead in terms of his total screen time alone, Director Moon argued that the most important thing was content and not screen time.

"I don't know if you actually committed murder or not, but today-! You killed me. I died because of you, which means that you killed me. So, you can't go to heaven. There isn't a heaven that will accept a murderer, so let's meet again in hell." Looking at Ara's shocked face and teary eyes, A smiled tenderly at her with his eyes. There was no sweeter goodbye than this.

In the hope she would crumble and suffer for the rest of her life, A continued to taunt her. "Don't think by any chance that you can be relieved about not having to see my face until you die. I'll become an evil spirit and stay by your side. I'll meet you every night in your nightmares, so regardless of how hard you try, you can't get away from me. Don't tell me you think we're parting ways here?"

A smiled languidly as he gently wiped the tears beneath Ara's eyes with his blood-stained thumb. Tears rolled down Ara's cheeks as she took a couple of steps back from A, who could die happy just by imagining it.

"Until the very end, I..."

"I will always be with you. If you don't want to go to hell with me today, you'll have to hurry."

They could hear footsteps coming from the other side of the alley. Ara finally came to her senses. She bit her lower lip and looked at A before taking a step backward. One step. Two steps. Ultimately, his former subordinates approached A from the back, as A watched Ara turned around and ran away.

"This girl didn't even look back once, huh." Harsh. A's soft whisper whistled through the narrow alley in the chilly evening night.

"Let's finish this quickly." For the first time today, a bright smile appeared on A's face as he beckoned to a dozen of the subordinates who had been chasing him. "I'm going to be pretty busy if I start visiting you tonight," he said.

His statement about wanting to become an evil spirit who would visit her was not a metaphor or a lie to ease somebody's guilt. He sincerely meant it. It had only been less than a minute since they parted, but he was already missing her.