Chapter 97

In the beginning, Gam Sung-Joo had asked Woo-Jin to make some guesses without much thought. But Woo-Jin kept guessing every single one of them correctly, so Gam Sung-Joo handed Woo-Jin a sketchbook and told him to write down his guesses in there. Every time a face was revealed, he would match it against Woo-Jin’s answer.

“No way! You have such a good sense of pitch.”

Woo-Jin won by such a huge margin that nobody questioned Choi Hee-Jung’s defeat. As such, the curiosity surrounding Hanryang Doryeong grew even more. There were many speculations about who he could be, but nobody was sure about who Hanryang Doryeong was.

“He sounded really good, but wasn’t his buchaechum[1] so dreamy? On top of that, can you believe that he was the one who personally drew the plum blossoms on the fan? He can sing, dance, and draw! If he takes off his mask and turns out to be a handsome man, I’d find it unfair even though I’m a woman.” As Sung-Joo remarked, ‘Isn’t he so perfect?’ envy and wistfulness flashed across her face.

While Hanryang Doryeong’s second victory on The King of the Masked Singers yesterday was important, there were plenty of other things to talk about. Firstly, a wide sash tied around his dark green robe amplified Hanryang Doryeong’s slender figure which made him stand out even more compared to the previous hanbok he wore. The beautiful outlines of the hanbok could be clearly seen, and Hanryang Doryeong’s movements became sharper, making him look very elegant.

When Hanryang Doryeong danced with the fan which he always carried with him at the request of the judges and audience, his dance was brimming with such precision and energy that it seems as though they were watching a military dance. When he opened up the fan and revealed the plum blossoms painted on it, it created the illusion of them swaying in the wind. When Gam Sung-Joo asked where he had gotten the fan from, Hanryang Doryeong answered by saying that he drew the plum blossoms personally. After that, Gam Sung-Joo took the fan and showed it to the audience; it was by no means a poorly done painting.

“Who exactly is he? Once I find out who he is, I’ll become his fan right away.”

“Didn’t you say Chae Woo-Jin is the best 2 days ago?”

“Of course, Chae Woo-Jin is the best! I get so mesmerized every time I see his commercial. Recently, I’ve been seriously thinking about joining his Fancafe.”

Woo-Jin became so nervous at the sudden mention of his name that he couldn’t even budge. Judging from the ambience, it didn’t seem like he was going to get cursed at or insulted like the previous time, but his heart was pounding hard because he was nervous.

“Ah, that telecommunications company’s commercial? When I first saw it, I was stunned. But when I came to my senses, I wondered what kind of commercial was it. I thought it was a commercial for a game and went to look it up, but it turned out to be a commercial for a telecommunications company. I was taken by surprise and thought it was a little too dramatic, but it was still pretty cool though.” She added that watching the commercial made her believe that if she switched over to that carrier, she would be able to play mobile games with high internet speeds.

“After he killed the birds with his swords, he turned around at the end and smiled before walking to the throne proudly and sitting down. When I saw that, I automatically cried ‘Your Majesty!’ The commercial was so well-made and it was absolutely sensational. When I saw the life-size cardboard cutout of Chae Woo-Jin in my neighborhood, I stood next to it and took a photo. But what’s funny is that when I passed by the area yesterday, there were other people standing in line waiting to take photos with it.”

This time around, the life-size cardboard cutout of Chae Woo-Jin was particularly realistic because it had the exact same measurements as the real deal. When people stood next to it, it was like taking a photo with Woo-Jin himself. Her friend next to her had been quietly listening to her story.