Chapter 68

It was concluded that ‘The Wind That Blows From You,’ sung by Chae Woo-Jin, would be the ideal fit for the theme song of Louie and Lee Yoo-Ra’s love. Because of his relationship with Seol Moon-Young, the sound supervisor couldn’t give them a flat refusal and delicately evaded the matter by saying he would think about it, but he had no intentions of having anyone else but Chae Woo-Jin sing the theme song. To begin with, it was a song meant to be sung with Louie’s emotions, and since Chae Woo-Jin was an amazing singer, there wasn’t any reason not to choose him, even if they had a famous K-pop idol singer as one of the options.

“The song is good.”

“Do you think you will be able to sing this theme song? If it’s too difficult, you don’t have to do it.” As Woo-Jin studied the sheet music, Kang Ho-Soo reminded him that he always had the option of saying no. However, Woo-Jin shook his head, looking very interested and captivated by the song.

“I like it. The wind that blows from you doesn’t reach me, and the waves that blow from me push you away – just like the situation between Louie and Lee Yoo-Ra. I think it would sound perfect if I sing it in a calm, low voice, just the way Louie whispers.”

He liked the song, but more importantly, the song that represented Louie’s feelings seemed like a continuation of acting out his character. It felt as if Louie’s character would be incomplete if he didn’t sing it, so he really wanted to be the one to sing the song. After seeing Woo-Jin’s positive response, Kang Ho-Soo checked the notebook in his hand and told him that he would discuss the recording schedule with the sound supervisor.

Kang Ho-Soo continued, “A telecommunication company wants you to do a one-off commercial for them, but the CEO thinks that adding on a commercial shoot to your schedule would be too much, so we’ve decided to postpone it for now. The client happily accepted the suggestion, and we’ve made a verbal agreement to schedule it for the end of the year. Would that be okay?”

The client was more enthusiastic about using Chae Woo-Jin as a model than they had expected. In fact, they were the ones to take the initiative of suggesting to CEO Jang their willingness to wait if it meant that Chae Woo-Jin would be able to do the commercial. To seal the deal, they brought up the verbal contract when CEO Jang said they would think about the commercial only after the drama was over. Naturally, with CEO Jang pushing the contract signing to a later date, Kang Ho-Soo was now trying to read Woo-Jin’s expression subtly.

Commercials were a very sensitive matter to celebrities. Since it was going to be Woo-Jin’s first commercial, Kang Ho-Soo couldn’t help but worry about what his reaction would be. When it came to verbal agreements, nobody knew if they would be actually honored until it happened. However, Woo-Jin didn’t show much interest in it – he was much more enthusiastic about the theme song. In fact, he was rather against shooting a commercial under current circumstances, thinking the idea to be rather terrible. So Kang Ho-Soo was relieved that Woo-Jin was fine with shooting it at a later date.

“And last but not least, we still have the Berry Rose issue….” Kang Ho-Soo brought up this matter with much difficulty. Somehow, it felt that this was the main issue he wanted to address today. Woo-Jin shifted his gaze away from the sheet music and looked at Kang Ho-Soo upon hearing the name of the girl idol group that he had recently discovered by chance.

After Do You Know Us? was aired, Woo-Jin’s friends had given him a hard time about it for quite some time as they were astounded by the fact that he didn’t know who Berry Rose was. In particular, Hyun-Min was mourning his lack of awareness of the fact that when he called Woo-Jin, his telephonic voice had momentarily shared space with Berry Rose’s members. Hyun-Min had almost grabbed Woo-Jin by the collar when the latter had asked him what the point of knowing girl groups was when he had been discharged from the army.