Chapter 43

"It's not bad to be known to the public as an actor who has been in critically acclaimed films. What about doing commercials?”

“Initially, we've gotten offers for products like ramen, detergent, and beverages. Recently, even though it's a one-off thing, we've also gotten offers from grocery stores, telecommunication companies, cosmetic and beauty companies.”

“Choose one of the three among the recent offers and go ahead with it. Don't accept every offer and burden Woo-Jin with work.”

In CEO Jang Soo-Hwan's opinion, commercials were a means to tell people 'I have become famous enough to shoot commercials for these products'. Hence, instead of appearing in multiple commercials, he emphasized that the celebrities should only shoot a couple that would help them boost their image. As a result, Jang Soo-Hwan's decisions occasionally caused some rifts with the celebrities from the agency.

Unlike Jang Soo-Hwan who was always carefree and relaxed, the celebrities wanted to strike while the iron was hot. There were many realists who felt that good days will not last forever, and they felt that they should not be sitting around idly while taking opportunities for granted. It was often difficult for them to come to terms with Jang Soo-Hwan's opinion that they should refrain from shooting too many commercials if they wanted to extend those 'good days.' because of their opposing views.

Fortunately, Chae Woo-Jin had no interest in shooting commercials. For now, what he wanted was the freedom of choice rather than earning more money. Thus, Woo-Jin was not worried about having to shoot fewer commercials.

“By the way, did Woo-Jin say he's going to accept that role?” The only thing that Woo-Jin would not budge on was the roles that he wanted to act in.

“Yes, he likes both the storyline and the character.”

“That's a given. The quality is there because it's Yoo Soo-Min's work, but she's known for her eccentric taste and preferences. On top of that, Park Jong-Hyuk is the production director. He's known to have a bad temper and is very fussy, and every actor wants to avoid working with him. And, it looks like they are shooting 'The Blue Castle's Master' at the same time. Of all dramas, why did he choose to be in one that's shooting alongside a major drama with Park Min as the main lead?”

'The Blue Castle's Master' was a drama that was expected to be the best drama in the second half of the year. The production cost had already exceeded 10 billion won and it boasted star-studded casts. From the writer to the production crew, the best of the best were gathered to produce this drama.

Although Park Min paled in comparison to Chae Woo-Jin in the recent movie, he was still a Hallyu star. There were rumors about how some overseas companies had entered into negotiations abroad for the drama rights just because Park Min was starring in the drama. Although Park Min's acting skills were questionable, the dramas he starred in were still guaranteed to be a hit. In other words, Park Min was more highly sought after in the drama industry than Woo-Jin was.

The female lead and supporting actors were also famous and talented actors. Hence, even though Park Min was not great at acting, there were many people who could make up for his lack of skill. More importantly, because of Park Min's relatively better performance in the second half of Death Hill, many people said that they were looking forward to the drama.

Hence, a lot of other broadcasting networks bit the bullet and decided not to schedule their dramas too close to 'The Blue Castle's Master'. Instead, they decided to replace the dramas in that time slot with low-budget ones, which happened to be SBC's 'City of Shadows,' written by Yoo Soo-Min. Even though she had gained some fans through her unconventional and eccentric work, her work was not as popular.