Chapter 69

“So I have to do it too?”

“I guess so? The focus is on him, but they’ll probably try to get hold of you for an interview as well. And also get you to showcase your skill or talent.” As soon as Kang Min-Ho gave a firm answer, Woo-Jin and Lee Min-Soo’s faces turned red simultaneously. The former was flustered that he had to showcase his skill, and the latter was filled with rage because they would be interviewing Woo-Jin as well, even though he was the focus of the news coverage.

“Woo-Jin, you don’t have to worry about showcasing your talent.”

“Me? What kind of talent do I have?” Woo-Jin was perplexed as he truly believed in his lack of talent and asked Park Yeon-Ah for clarification as she obviously knew more than he did. Kang Min-Ho snapped his fingers in exasperation, saying he too knew of Woo-Jin’s talent. “Woo-Jin, you really are unbelievable! You’re good at imitating other singers. What are you worried about when you can sing exactly like the original singer as long as you sing with determination?”

After hearing Woo-Jin’s version of ‘Confession,’ both Kang Min-Ho and Park Yeon-Ah had tried to find out the secret behind singing that well. And then, they found out that Woo-Jin could do singing impressions perfectly. He was so good at imitating the original singers’ voices that if he were to go on Hidden Singer, he’d be able to defeat the original singer. [1]

“I’m just imitating them, that's all. Back then, when I spoke to the members… or just people I know, I took note of the distinct features of each of their tones and imitated them.”

Min Si-Hoo had once expressed his dissatisfaction with the distribution of the parts when they were recording Blue Fit’s debut song. At that time, Seol Moon-Young had gotten Woo-Jin to sing the parts by imitating Min Si-Hoo’s voice. After living together for more than a year, Woo-Jin was very familiar with the tone and characteristics of Min Si-Hoo’s voice, so he could effortlessly do as told.

“If you don’t have the confidence to sing as well as Woo-Jin, don’t be greedy.” Seol Moon-Young had said that to Min Si-Hoo when his face turned pale after hearing Woo-Jin sing a song in a voice that was almost identical to his own. He couldn’t argue further as the song sounded completely different despite having identical voices. However, Min Si-Hoo resorted to violence from then on.

“That’s your talent!” Kang Min-Ho and Park Yeon-Ah jeered at Woo-Jin, whose response lacked enthusiasm, remarking that only talented people could be so nonchalant about it.

“But Min-Soo, why do you look so unhappy? Is something wrong?” Park Yeon-Ah asked. She was teasing Woo-Jin when she tilted her head to the side and glanced over at Lee Min-Soo sitting silent and gloomy. Ever since they started talking about talents and skills, for some reason, his face had turned pale, and he seemed very uncomfortable.

“No. It’s just that my episode is airing today, so I guess I’m a little nervous.”

“You’ll probably be better than us considering that you already have quite a bit of experience acting in dramas. You have no idea how terrified we were on the day they aired the first episode because it’s our very first drama.” Kang Min-Ho added that his stomach still hurt just by thinking about that day, to which Park Yeon-Ah nodded her head earnestly in agreement.

When the two people told Lee Min-Soo not to worry because they had been worse than him, Lee Min-Soo forced a smile and looked at Woo-Jin from the corner of his eyes. He couldn’t tell what Woo-Jin was thinking, and the calmer Woo-Jin looked, the more anxious he felt.

‘This is not what I had in mind.’

Lee Min-Soo’s original plan had been to flaunt his fandom in front of Woo-Jin to dampen his spirits. When he had heard that Woo-Jin’s fans were going to prepare lunch boxes for the cast and crew on a certain day, he thought they were just going to be regular lunch boxes. Hence, he intentionally arranged the food truck to come a day before and treated everyone to the fantastic spread of food. In other words, he wanted Woo-Jin to experience the difference between the two of them for himself. Woo-Jin seemed very proud to have a few fans, so Lee Min-Soo wanted to utterly crush his spirits and keep him down.